• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That $160k is silly because I'm a 5 yr FO and I made $150k last year on 4 yr pay and not a single bit of premium. A senior AT guy coming over will make north of $200k. And every single FAT I talk to over here is confirming that fact. How many of those guys have you talked to Ty? They seem extremely happy.

I'm sure he will- just like he would have pushed for relative seniority for AT had delta stepped up and taken the 717 pilots with their airplanes

I never said that. I look at what each airline brings to the table at the time if the merger. If the airlines are of equal size and bring both domestic and INTL flying with close sized planes, it might be relative plus or minus a few points based on longevity. Any arbitrator would allow some of the Captains to stay Captains, especially if they bring planes and orders to the newly merged carrier. I bet some of the senior guys at AT would have remained Capt at SWA or DL or any legacy if using arbitration. There would also be fences put up by those same arbitrators, depending on plane sizes (An Arbitrator fenced the 747 at NWA for 20 years to the Republic pilots). But, AT brought 737s to the SWA merger, and not giving Capt slots (at least some Capt slots) was not fair IMO, and I'm guessing many AT pilots feel the same way. As far as the 717s go at DL, those planes are being replaced at SWA by 737s, new and used. Sounds like nobody will be furloughed, which is good for everyone.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
What I'm trying to tell ya, Sparky, is that my lines right now work 12 days a month, for a lot more pay than that . . . a lot more.

Not "bitching", as you put it, just trying keep it real . . . . there's a difference.

:D

Thanks for removing your number Ty. Senior FO's here make that year in and year out. That same 152/hr you were making as an AAI CA is remarkable the same number as the top SW FO payscale.

I completely agree with you about losing your base. There will be some on our side losing their base as well. Sucks for all involved in that regard.

I'll excuse the stupidity of your post due to the fact it was written at 3:30 in the morning. :erm:

Look at the most recent transition award. Most of the Captains who live in or near a SWA base, and wanted to leave, have left.

The 717CA - SWAFO transitions have gone so junior, that the next group of Captains transitioning to SWA will likely be forced (assigned in reverse seniority).

The 737CA - SWAFO classes had initially been going senior, as guys who live in base chose to go over and stop commuting, however, that has changed in the last few classes, and it is starting to go junior as well.

So, given that the fact that we still have 700 Captains on the AAI side, and the award is going junior, most of our Captains are choosing to remain on the AAI side for now, given the pay cut and the forced commute.

Did I make it clear enough for you, or am I still "talking out of my @ss", as you put it. :rolleyes:

Yes you are still talking out of your @ss. What forced commute are you talking about? Most captains that have come over have the ability to bid ANY base they want. This means the vast majority are now either not commuting or have a commute that is shorter than it was. NONE of the captains that come over will be forced to go to OAK or any of the other junior bases they will be able to bid ANY of the 9 bases that SWA offers.

Your argument is weak and predicated on the very few that will have a hard time transitioning either due to location or pride while the vast majority of Captains coming over will see a better commute or none at all. Your pay issue is also lacking when you are only able to look at the next 18 months and just like you said you still have over 3/4 of your captains at AAI so the worst case scenario they most likely won't but may have to take an insignificant pay cut (but a lot better seniority) for less than 18 months before they get a very large pay raise.

P.S. The other 50 percent of your group gets a huge pay raise to come over to WN.

Ty left out one small detail. We don't know how senior SWA is going because only a very small group of captains have 737 FO awarded.

If I'm talking out of my @ss it's because I 'm addressing someone who's head is in the sand. No sense continuing this... y'all have fun with it, I've said my piece. Schlong.

If I'm talking out of my @ss it's because I 'm addressing someone who's head is in the sand. No sense continuing this... y'all have fun with it, I've said my piece. Schlong.

When all you can do is attack the messenger then we all know your argument is very weak.

I guess when you can't back up your wild accusations of forced commutes and all of them taking pay cuts just call me stupid and say that my head is in the sand.

I can see just about all those Captains that come over as senior FOs and when I look on their boards it does not look like they are suffering one bit. With the increase in relative seniority and bidding power. These poor captains will still be within a couple percent of pay where they were before they left AAI. Then in 18 months they will get a huge pay raise and over their career will make a lot more than they could have with AAI. When you find no sense in that then we all ask you please don't continue posting because the adults are talking now.

It does appear the angry air tran crowd tends to get a lot quieter when faced with reality.

You know, the "real" reality, not the "perceived" one-

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back