SWA DB today..Let us know if you get it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whataburger said:
I believe that laying down $7,000 for a career worth millions at a fantastic airline is a great bet. Unfortunatley, it seems you have better odds of getting hit by lightening than getting an interview with SWA if you dont have the type. It comes down to how bad you want it. In addition, I don't personally know one person that has bought the type and not been hired because of it at any airline. Just my 2cents.

Try AirTran. If they even smell that you have connections elsewhere...

thebluto said:
Close to half of the pilots in my JetBlue class have 737 type ratings. We even have a guy that left SWA for JB.

That's awesome. I'll be there in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
GVJeff said:
6 PM Tuesday night, my call came! Not typed in the B737 but apparently they liked my overall experience. So the good news is, the calls are finally coming!

GVJeff you look like a very experienced fellow and probably no kid either. Can you explain in 25 words or less why you would leave a corporate position commensurate with you experience to go hopping around the countryside in a B737? Not begrudging you, and certainly not flaming anyone but a guy with your experience usually has gotten the airline bug out of his system by 23,000 hours.
Your experience would seem to counter what others on this board have posted.

BTW. Good Luck!

I know people who wouldn't apply to FDX cause of the night thing.

I know people who wouldn't appy to SWA cause of the One plane all Domestic thing.

I know people who wouldn't apply to JB cause of the New York Thing.

Who knows why people do what they do.

Latest resources

Back