SWA DB today..Let us know if you get it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lequip said:
Ok Mr. 2400 hour wonderboy. I'll add something to constructive to this tread. Certain SWA "Goons" get kickbacks from 2 of the 3 main outfits that do most of the 737 Type training. The more people that get 737 types, the more "some" people get as a kickback. A handful of "High up's" are laughing all the way to the bank as thousands and thousands buy 737 types each year and only a few hundred get hired. Wake up and smell the coffee on all this usless interviewing people. Sorry you can't afford regional pay but you have 7K to waste on a useless type. SWA thanks you for paying to play Sukah.

Some proof of this would make some interesting reading. Otherwise it is just SLANDER! Like most conspiracy theories, low on proof but high on accusation.

In regards to the interviews and the high attrition rate, this has been discussed on other threads will similar feelings of WTF? SWA is a generally good company with good management and workers, but something doesn't pass the sniff test with regards to interviews.

We all realize that not everyone can get hired, but to constantly make statememtns like "we would like to hire all of you", then hearing references to the DB having to "throw darts" because too many qualify for only a few slots doens't seem like a good way of doing business, for SWA or those taking valuable time and money for a chance at employment.

I think most here would agree that the SWA hiring process should put a little more effort into pre-interview screening and calling a more appropriate number of folks to come interview, based on the number of availbale slots for employment. This is just a sugggestion based on observation. The current attrition rate seems a little excessive. Maybe the system needs a bit of tweaking and fine tuning.

Sorry to all who didn't get it. I too got the letter but later found a job that I was better suited for, so it was a blessing in disguise. Those of you who got the letter, keep that in mind. Just look at it as a new opportunity that, hopefully, you will look back on with fond memories. Not many folks in the world can say that they interviewed to be an airline pilot. You can also still try again next year. Good luck to those who try. There are many who do well the second time around.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back