SWA DB- DING You suck!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BenderGonzales said:
I'm not a big fan of Southwest -- in fact it's not likely you'll ever catch me on one of their airplanes -- but, I think that the stuff you see on "Airline" probably occurs on just about EVERY airline.

As airfares have fallen and with the onset of internet booking engines, it has become cheaper to fly than drive for a whole new segment of the population. Flying has become more like a Jerry Springer audition than a dignified means of transportation.

Regardless of whether you fly SWA, JetBlew, AirTran, United, Northwest, Delta etc... you're going to find the same morons that you see on "Airline" who should probably be removed from the gene pool for the greater good.

Holy smokes! In one part of your post, you sound like an elitist snob who thinks that the only people in the air should be wearing expensive suits, sipping martinis, riding in their Yankee Clippers. Just curious, are you one of those people who wears an ascot? Did you get beat up a lot in school?

Then in the next part of your post, you seem to be in favor of some bizarre form of airline passenger ethnic cleansing "for the greater good." Would you mind defining what the "greater good" is in your world?

Where I come from, the greater good is in giving everyone the Freedom to Fly.

If you guys could look past your "rah rah" BS for a few minutes you might see that I was defending you.

I was responding to a thread in which someone said that he wasnt sure he wanted to work for Southwest due to what he sees on "Airline".

I told him that, although I personally dont care for flying on Southwest, that behavior can be found on any airline.

My reason for saying that is simply that airfares have come down to a level (industrywide) when ANYONE can afford to fly rather than drive.

If you've ever been to an Amtrak or Greyhound station you know that there are a few people who just don't know how to be civilized. The airlines are beginning to attract the same type of people. It's the 10% rule.

Look, Southwest does a lot of things very well. Personally, I choose to spend my air-travel dollar elsewhere. I prefer assigned seating. I don't care for the song and dance silliness. I like the ability to fly first class. I like the airline lounges.

As a frequent flier, I enjoy some of the perks that go along with having to fly as much as I do.

That doesn't take away from SWA's success.... certainly you must realize that you cant be all things to all people! And I hope you realize that not EVERY pilot in the industry wants to work for you.

BenderGonzales said:
If you guys could look past your "rah rah" BS for a few minutes you might see that I was defending you.

I was responding to a thread in which someone said that he wasnt sure he wanted to work for Southwest due to what he sees on "Airline".

I told him that, although I personally dont care for flying on Southwest, that behavior can be found on any airline.

My reason for saying that is simply that airfares have come down to a level (industrywide) when ANYONE can afford to fly rather than drive.

If you've ever been to an Amtrak or Greyhound station you know that there are a few people who just don't know how to be civilized. The airlines are beginning to attract the same type of people. It's the 10% rule.

Look, Southwest does a lot of things very well. Personally, I choose to spend my air-travel dollar elsewhere. I prefer assigned seating. I don't care for the song and dance silliness. I like the ability to fly first class. I like the airline lounges.

As a frequent flier, I enjoy some of the perks that go along with having to fly as much as I do.

That doesn't take away from SWA's success.... certainly you must realize that you cant be all things to all people! And I hope you realize that not EVERY pilot in the industry wants to work for you.

And you, sir, did not even come close to comprehending the two points that I made in my previous post. My comments are aimed squarely at your own words, and have nothing to do with the historical context in which you strain to place them.

Allow me to reiterate my points in summary fashion:

1. You are an arrogant, elitist--much like Mr. Howell on Gilligan's Island, and
2. You think that people who do not meet your socioeconomic, frequent first class flyer status should be somehow eliminated.

How very sickening indeed.

Juvat said:
much like Mr. Howell on Gilligan's Island

As long as it is known that I am the Skipper!;)

capt. megadeth said:
I really hope for all my friend's sake that it stays that way. You are right. I would love work there to if it wasn't for all those people in the back. :)
You can put a lot more revenue on a cargo plane. Aw, $hit, it's a long story but I used to really want to work there.

but capt. megadeath you and i both know the scholarship is such a 1 in a 1000 type of thing. when you set such a thing up it is inevitable that 999 will think they got hosed.

i too am the type of person that can get pissed and think, "why not me" when i get passed over, but with a scholarship like that one it requires a bit of luck too, although i am sure the winners are all very qualified, we both know one. i wouldn't feel wronged.

Just watch that show "Airline" on A&E. It cured any desire I had to drive I mean fly a greyhound bus for SWA.

No thanks!

We give people what they want the freedom to fly. And for the people that work here we get a pay check when they tell you are getting paid and have a job for more then 6 months. We all have been
at other places with no job security and pay checks that bounce. SWA you get job security and good pay and the best people to work with all the way from top to bottom. If you don't get in try till you do but if you dont like swa then don't apply here. So all SWA haters get a life and no I don't drink the kool-aid

Last edited:
You guys, that hate SWA have another plan? Waiting for the big 3 to start hiring again?

Would you rather roll the dice then look at facts? Why wait for someone to die or retire for your upgrade when you can look at firm aircraft orders.

canyonblue737 said:
but capt. megadeath you and i both know the scholarship is such a 1 in a 1000 type of thing. when you set such a thing up it is inevitable that 999 will think they got hosed.

i too am the type of person that can get pissed and think, "why not me" when i get passed over, but with a scholarship like that one it requires a bit of luck too, although i am sure the winners are all very qualified, we both know one. i wouldn't feel wronged.

I don't feel wronged. I used to, but I am really glad that I got turned down. Look where I am at now.

Latest resources

Back