SWA DB- DING You suck!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capt. megadeth said:
Good point. I interviewed for that SWA Chicks in Planes scholarship a few years ago. I was so gung ho about it. It took me about a year to get over it when I didn't get it. As it turns out, besides for the fact that it would be nice to be making $100K right now, I AM SO HAPPY THEY TURNED ME DOWN
/

So what are you doing now that makes up for the rejection?

Just curious.

Falconjet said:
She's going to UPS.

Hence the no more passengers in the sign off.

FJ

I missed she was in the pool. Congratulations are in order. I know thats what you really wanted. Not many are as fortunate as you.

I don't know that for a fact but that is what I have surmised from reading various comments from her and others on the UPS threads.

Got to keep and eye on what is going on with the competition.

FJ

Jetjockey said:
If an applicant made it to the DB, but was not selected, does that person go into some sort "maybe next year" pile? I have heard many people get selected on subsequent interviews. I'm wondering how difficult it is to get that second chance, when there are so many qualified people who have not yet interviewed.
No there isn't a second chance based on one interview. That is the bad news, the good news is that they will interview you again (and again and again ....). I have never heard any numbers as to success rate for multiple interviews, but it is tough to beat dogged determination. It may seem unfair for someone to get multiple interviews while there are folks waiting for their first shot, but it takes a lot of guts to dust yourself off and try again when you've been rejected before ... I have a buddy who just had his second chance interview ... I am crossing my fingers but my phone hasn't rang.

enigma said:
It is believed to be exceedingly rare that someone change personality. I'll be so bold as to say that someone who changes personality is most likely mentally ill. I do believe that one can change their outlook on life, I believe that because I have done so myself.

FlyBoeingJets said:
I spit coke out of my nose when I read this. Mentally ill?? Then I guess we aren't talking about the same thing. One's outlook on life affects personality in a very BIG way.

We can just say that we don't understand each other. Otherwise I'm inclined to think you are saying you are mentally ill with your logic. Which I know is not intended. I don't think you are mentally ill either.

What are the warning signs of depression? Mood swings, personality changes, ....

"One's outlook on life affects personality"?
Say again?

I'm no psychiatrist, but I believe that a psychiatrist would tell you that personality doesn't change. That's what I first posted, and I firmly believe that to be true. Personality doesn't change. Attitude can change, outlook can change, motivation can change, but personality doesn't change.

regards,
engima

PS I just noticed your last line aobut warning signs of depression, the last time I looked, depression is a mental ILLNESS. You never know what affliction the APA has determined to be a mental illness or not, but I believe that depression still is classified as such. Maybe I'll google it and get back to ya. Oh yeah, NOPE I don't suffer from depression.

Gatorade,

I'm sorry you didn't get the job but the way you expressed you disappointment is a testament to why you didn't get the job. Attitude is everything around here.

Good luck on your next attempt.

Last edited:
MarylandONE said:
Gatorade,

I'm sorry you didn't get the job but the way you expressed you disappointment is a testament to why you didn't get the job. Attitude is everything around here.

Good luck on your next attempt.

Sorry I have to say this MarylandONE but the paint job on your 737 avatar is one heck of an ugly airplane. Please tell me that it is not out in the system.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back