SWA culture!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dan, Dan, Dan, please

You know as well as I do the "pilots of the past" with the help of greedy unions like ALPA wanted only to get paid to sit home and run their yogurt shops. We heard it all the time in the crew vans with the likes of the brain surgeons at United talking about the new contract is "like taking candy from a baby"

Staple Staple

Again, you are cherry picking mistakes of the past and ignoring the big picture. No question the UAL guys got way to cocky in the 90's. To their credit, they were dealing with predatory management so there is some justification there, but still, they went overboard and now they paid for it.

But you have to ask yourself, the UAL/CO pilots aren't on here slinging mud as vehemently as the SWA people on here are. UAL/CO are as similar operations as SWA/AT and yet you don't hear ALPA pilots running around saying Staple Staple. The DAL/NWA pilots have certainly handled their merger more maturely than what I see on here with the SWA folks.

BTW, you talk about the UAL pilots being cocky in the 90's. I sure see a lot of SWA pilots on here bragging about how much money they make and how much better paid they are than their peers. Sure sounds like a 90's UAL pilot to me. SWA built itself up when their pilots made substantially less than other pilots and they had a fuel hedge advantage. Neither is the case today and they have started to go head to head with the big boys. Should be interesting.

Yep. That house in Pilot Knob looked very nice.

SWA built itself up when their pilots made substantially less than other pilots and they had a fuel hedge advantage. Neither is the case today and they have started to go head to head with the big boys. Should be interesting.

Not quite.:rolleyes: Southwest paid it's pilots a reasonable wage in the '70's, and the wages have grown at 3-4% a year up to now. You guys got 10% raises every 3 years then gave away 40% every 9 years in a vicious cycle up to today, which was the better strategy?

Not quite.:rolleyes: Southwest paid it's pilots a reasonable wage in the '70's, and the wages have grown at 3-4% a year up to now. You guys got 10% raises every 3 years then gave away 40% every 9 years in a vicious cycle up to today, which was the better strategy?

Reasonable maybe, but well below industry average. Not sure were you get the legacies give up 40% every 9 years???? After 9/11 the crap hit the fan, that was a one time deal. I was mostly referring to the 90's when a SWA Captain made what a legacy 737 F/O made during your 10 year contract.

Look, I'm not going to get into a tit for tat who has the bigger watch. I really don't care, every airline has it's good and bad points and good times and bad, you are no different, this is a very cyclical business.

Look, I'm not going to get into a tit for tat who has the bigger watch. I really don't care, every airline has it's good and bad points and good times and bad, you are no different, this is a very cyclical business.

Sure you do. I think your the front runner for the SWA hate club. You need to get out,get a hobby,other than your anger and hate towards SWA.

Sure you do. I think your the front runner for the SWA hate club. You need to get out,get a hobby,other than your anger and hate towards SWA.

I thought General Lee and I were the front runners darn it! Dan Roman asks honest questions, and the responses from you and other cocky corndogs just solidify your current bad image. But, you don't care, and that makes it even more exciting for us to watch your upcoming train wreck of a SLI with Airtran. Time for a lot of you to get some humility, and it will happen.

Why would Dan Roman, apparently a Hawaiian 767 captain, have the need to slam you? He, like almost everyone else, is just confused by your bizarre attitudes.

OYS

Last edited:

What have I said that indicates I "hate" SWA???? I haven't bashed you or called you names. I have called fowl on SWA somehow thinking when they merge with someone and thinking it's a win/win deal to be stapled. I have pointed out the fact that anything can happen to ANY airline down the road, none of us are invulnerable, yet when I do I get jumped on as a SWA "hater". Nothing could be further from the truth, but the constant attacks on others here by SWA folks is certainly worth countering with a different viewpoint that at least tries to keep in perspective that we all live in glass houses and throwing stones in this industry is a bad idea.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back