SWA crew luggage...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My .02

My current bag works so I am speaking form hearsay - but - when I was jumpseating an FO recommended the Samsonite bag available at the grapevine discount mall foll 100$. It is hard sided, so when the Capt slides his PN over it (you know, the one with the razor sharp edges) it won't tear. The ballistic seems the best bang for the buck.

Best o luck

Travel Pro User

I have a CrewIII Travel Pro and still going strong after 3 yrs of airline flying. This is the ballistic material so I am having a tough time wearing this one out. I can pack whatever I want in it and seems to fit in the spaces provided. May take an extra tug once in a while. It was a good deal also. $119.95 (3) yrs ago. My previous TP lasted 2.5 yrs. I have not tried the PNS bag so no comment. Happy Shopping.

What about PNS?

What about some info from some current PNS fans?
I've had one for almost five years getting beat to death in the cargo hold of a SAAB by rampies with a vendetta, and it has held up fantastically. I'll never buy another brand as it's truly a pilot's suitcase and darn near bulletproof (perhaps PNS should have got the contract for our new cockpit doors?).

However, I sure don't speak from any 737 experience. Mine is 14 inches wide, and I've heard rumor that it may not fit well in the 300/500? Any truth to this? Do they sell a smaller one in the schoolhouse? Will the 14" work with a shoehorn if you don't put anything in the side pockets?
Also, how is the fit vertically? Can you overstuff these things (like I do with 4 days worth of cans of tuna fish) or do you have to pack pretty slim to fit one of top of the other?

P.S. Righty, I measured mine again and it's only 21" long. Did you get the big international bag? How wide is it and does it fit well width wise?

Last edited:
Hey Chris and other fellow bag searchers....

Don't get suckered into a brand new 13inch. The 14 incher fits fine in the 3-5-7 with a little wiggle.

My PNS bag sat in the bottom of the cargo bay for 6 years and is still going strong. I had a zipper replaced after 5 or so years.... But the bag is going to last forever!

Pay the money for the PNS... It is worth it! JMHO and no my dad doesn't own the company!

CYAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oak

Clue me in

I gather from this thread that the type of bag we purchase has a significant impact on morale on the road (can you tell I don't have a civilian background in flying?). Where/how does one purchase the PNS bags or the COSTCO bags.......I start class in DAL on 19 May - is there somewhere out there to purchase them (I live here in the sticks in Panama City-very few aviation stores anywere in sight) Is there a specific model number/size I should be looking for? I'd hate to go buy the one thats 1/2" too big........thanx........Menace

I got the Travel Pro because it was only $110 from Cintas (the uniform supplier) and I could add it to the payroll deduction with the uniform stuff (basically not have to pay for it for several months). I've been very happy with it so far, although it does take an extra shove or two to get it underneath the jumpseat in the 3/500. I don't think it's ever taken more than a few seconds, though. It's very light (at least it was before I crammed all my stuff into it) but still fairly strong.

The PNS seems like a great bag too, but for 2.5 times the price it should be!

Menace- You can get the PNS bag during training (they do a show-and-tell during lunch one day), or find someone in your class with a Costco card and organize an expedition to the nearest one in Dallas to check out their bag.

T1

Last edited:
Costco bag info...

BUY the Costco bag and its the last bag you will EVER buy!

I had a very bad experience with a Purdy Neat bag that I bought from the schoolhouse. The zipper broke, the handle wouldn't lock up and PN solution was to send me the hardware that took me about an hour to install myself to fix the problem. I also bought the extra round bag that fit's the Purdy Neat buckles on the bag and that Zipper broke ALSO. VERY EXPENSIVE JUNK in my opinion. I had heard great stories about their stuff but was very misinformed.

Sidebar: I sold my almost new PN bag to a PHX CPT and bought a Costco bag for $90 and pocketed the difference. The Costco bag is great, fits perfectly in ALL of the 737's and you can take it back for a new one, no questions asked if it breaks! Crazy to get excited abbout luggage eh?

PTinbound sez: "Also, how is the fit vertically? Can you overstuff these things (like I do with 4 days worth of cans of tuna fish) or do you have to pack pretty slim to fit one of top of the other?"

Dude, I'm sorry to have to ask this.... Are you a flight attendant or a loser? Eating tuna fish out of your bag is a FA trick. If you're getting a pilot bag, don't worry about tuna!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back