SWA contract amendable- no pay raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Saab slime

I still remember the day I opened my first pay check after contract 200? was signed in Jan 04. After the mandatory LTD buyback and my family PPO deductible my 10% pay raise was almost gone.

After 8 yrs there I will gladly pay $30 for parking and work for SWA.

Good luck in the future at AWA/USAir, I miss my friends but not company.

skiandsurf said:
(UAL does give me the whole can of soda, SWA gives me 3 sips with a cup full of ice). I hate to say it, but it is because of these low-fare airlines that we all have to suffer now.

Stop by the cockpit on your way in, and I'll see to it you get a "whole can" next time. I use my 737 knowledge to find the galley since you haven't found a way to keep yourself hydrated. I can't believe some of these people actually learned how to fly airplanes.:puke:

lowecur said:
Cuz I like getting a rise from emptyheaded sourpusses like yourself.

Now if you want to take the position that SWA would be more than happy to extend the current contract for another 5 years, then stand up and be heard. I say they will stand firm on an overall compensation reduction of 20%. My guess is SWAPA leadership won't budge for at least 2 years, and will finally be forced to present a TA to the membership for ratification by the end of 2008. It will be voted down and the existing leadership will receive a no confidence vote from the hardline membership and removed. Just another predictable soap opera from this disfunctional family known as the airline business.

:pimp:

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS FOO! He doesn;t even know what our voting cycles are!

Purpled said:
Hey genius, where do you think I work? I'm not counting on you to get me a payraise, we've already done that...pending a bit of voting. And you're right, it is a long process. Anyway, just be glad that I didn't make fun of SWAFO for gloating about how high you have held the bar...really, now.

Anyway, you should consider how to keep pressure on other carriers if/when fuel gets cheaper or hedges start running out. It's not about waving your success in other managements face, it's about pressure. But certainly, like you allude to in your post, make life better for you, not SQ or worse.

Oh yeah, did I mention that you've earned a raise?

What movie?

Hey Purple, how do you think you got your payrates? ..... Fred likes pilots? You and Brown got paid because of the pre-911 bar held up by the "legacy" airlines that you all now thumb your nose at. If you were even there, how was the mood pre ALPA, pre pilot contract, pre USPS contract? How did that X-mas strike threat work out .. '99 maybe??

Fine, Freight Dogs win ..... go hug each other on the Cargo forum and spare us second rate people- haulers your labor advice. After all, wasn't that the Purple mantra this time ...."mgt. said we aren't airline pilots last time, so you can't compare us to airline pay this time" ... or something similar.

Best of luck. Hope you enjoy the profit sharing. Defined benefit plans last forever ....

Ben

Benjamin Dover said:
Hey Purple, how do you think you got your payrates? ..... Fred likes pilots? You and Brown got paid because of the pre-911 bar held up by the "legacy" airlines that you all now thumb your nose at. If you were even there, how was the mood pre ALPA, pre pilot contract, pre USPS contract? How did that X-mas strike threat work out .. '99 maybe??

Fine, Freight Dogs win ..... go hug each other on the Cargo forum and spare us second rate people- haulers your labor advice. After all, wasn't that the Purple mantra this time ...."mgt. said we aren't airline pilots last time, so you can't compare us to airline pay this time" ... or something similar.

Best of luck. Hope you enjoy the profit sharing. Defined benefit plans last forever ....

Ben

Hey hot head,

Why don't you read the entire thread before opening your dick-licker. I'm on your side, loser. Add another one of you guys who hopes we lose our pension. Glad to see your true colors. Again, except you and SWAFO, I wish your pilot group the best...and the legacy guys too.

Benjamin Dover said:

Ben

Dude... go drink a beer or play with the wife/girlfriends titties awhile. Sounds like you really need to let some of that tension out.:eek:

Hey purpled is that what you call your thing? You know you got to let that thing breathe every once in a while. Stop squeezing it so much on your 45 hour layovers and on your sorts.

I just said that folks that have done nothing but give back sh^t are now on this board taking a cheap shot at us. Fed Ex has done nothing wrong, excpet hire you. I wish all the 60 year old looking 40 year olds at Fed Ex nothing but the best, except purpled (sound familiar tool?).

If I wanted to take some satisfaction over the fact that guys are losing their pensions, I would just come out and say (type) it. It would read something like this: I am glad you guys have lost your _ _ _ _ _ _ _. I wouldn't beat around the bush. To the point baby.

Latest resources

Back