SWA contract amendable- no pay raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skiandsurf said:
Before 9/11, SWA was considered "a stepping stone". It was that much closer to DAL, UAL, AA. I am sure that before 9/11, there were more SWA pilots going to the "majors" than the other way around. Now in a post 9/11 world, it is a "I told you so mentaltiy".

I am not intending to beat any one group down, but instead hope for the best for all of us.

I used to fly on UAL all the time and thought they "were the cats meow". Lately I have flown on both UAL and SWA. UALs service is terrible now, but now that I fly on SWA, I can see why. UAL is trying to keep their costs down like everyone else. (UAL does give me the whole can of soda, SWA gives me 3 sips with a cup full of ice). I hate to say it, but it is because of these low-fare airlines that we all have to suffer now. Now, I hate traveling on UAL but I get sick to my stomach of the thought of traveling on SWA....(I dont have a choice, my company buys the ticket).

How is it that we consistently rank amongst the top in customer service, pre and post 911?

How is it that we consistently rank amongst the top in customer service, pre and post 911?

Pretty easy really. When you're passengers don't expect anything in the first place, what is there to complain about?

Saabslime said:
Pretty easy really. When you're passengers don't expect anything in the first place, what is there to complain about?

Snappy comeback chief, but we all know it doesnt work that way.

purpled I don't know who you work for you don't say. I wasn't saying you don't deserve a raise. I was saying that I am happy for now. If you and enough others think a raise is necessary then vote that way. I personally don't really know just what SWA can afford now or in the future. I do know that I am comfortable and I would rather not get a pay raise now if I will have to give it back at some future date in order to save the company.

I was joking about the movie...I meant, United, Delta, American, all had the fat contracts it served them well for awhile but look at them now. I am not ready to join that elite club. I will wait and see what is best for all of us.

Southwest is the best. :pimp:

Last edited:
mdf said:
Another thread turned whacky!

I'm an F/O. I work 3 on 4 off, all weekday flying, and usually 18 days off a month. I average about 70 hours per month flying. I drive to work, and am gone 2 nights a week max. My trips usually head to the west coast. Probably average 3 legs a day. I make an easy 6 figures. I also pay 40 bucks a month to park. The fact that I do pay for parking never crosses my mind as I briskly walk from the jetway to the parking lot bus. I just want to get home before my kids. Life is good right now. I wouldn't change a thing.

Exactly! I could'nt have said it better!

Can we stop the nonsense now?

What I don't understand is why SWA pilots would even bother discussing their upcoming contract on this board?????????????

I also don't get why any professional pilot would shoot down another professional pilot over their contract.

I say the same for SWA as I do for every pilot group while in negotiations.

Get the most you can while keeping the company alive because tomorrow you may have to give back some if the environment changes. Make Herbie squirm.

It's just bezness baby!!!!!

Last edited:
Benhuntn said:
purpled I don't know who you work for you don't say.

I was joking about the movie...I meant, United, Delta, American, all had the fat contracts it served them well for awhile but look at them now. I am not ready to join that elite club. I will wait and see what is best for all of us.

I'll give you a bigger hint than 'purpled.' -- Not UPS.

I got the joke about the movie, perhaps SWAFO can write the sequel--you know, the one where he flaunts about others losing their pensions, only to be beaten senseless by folks who think he is partly to blame.

All I'm saying about your contract, and since it's your contract it is certainly up to you and not me, is that when your company has been built on the sweat equity of the employees and it has succeeded, you should be compensated appropriately...with at least QOL improvements if not $$s. Either way, I always wish you guys the best...because you're a great bunch of fellas[SWAFO excepted]

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back