SWA contract amendable- no pay raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Benhuntn said:
purpled...were not here to get you pay raises! The guys that want pay raises can fight for them, that's fine. Personally, the pay raise we get tomorrow will hold me for a while. I would imagine it will take years to iron out this contract so any raise will be far off anyway. I really do want to see some QOL issues addressed and some insurance and medical things improved but I like most of the others here are not going to choke this goose so that you can wave our success in your mngmts faces. I think they made that movie in the late 90's and all the stars are broke or bk.

Just my two cents.

Hey genius, where do you think I work? I'm not counting on you to get me a payraise, we've already done that...pending a bit of voting. And you're right, it is a long process. Anyway, just be glad that I didn't make fun of SWAFO for gloating about how high you have held the bar...really, now.

Anyway, you should consider how to keep pressure on other carriers if/when fuel gets cheaper or hedges start running out. It's not about waving your success in other managements face, it's about pressure. But certainly, like you allude to in your post, make life better for you, not SQ or worse.

Oh yeah, did I mention that you've earned a raise?

What movie?

I guess I'm only one vote but I've already had my fill of Kumbya. I'm not saying we ought to break the company but my God son, at least wait until we open before you guys give everything away!

Gup

GuppyWN said:
Why SHOULDN'T we get a raise? I refuse to burn the house down or choke the goose but I have yet to see a valid arguement why we shouldn't get some raise.

And SWA/FO - ah yes, September 1st. One of my favorite days of the year.

Gup
Mgt will have all the charts ready come the 19th.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; you guys want your cake and eat it to. You have mgt that is second to none, and the only reason you're not hurting right now is their smarts. And you will thank them for your good fortune by sitting on what you got till the hedges fully unwind and the company starts taking it up the arz.

This thing will drag on for years, cuz that's just the way things work in this business. SWAPA has prided itself in being able to work with mgt over the years, but this membership is not your fathers membership. It's picked up a ton of newly hired sourpusses the last 5 years from other airlines that are union hardasses.

Wait until they drop the 100 seat rate bomb on you guys. The word adversarial will be on the tip of everyone's tongue at that pt.

:pimp:

lowecur said:
Mgt will have all the charts ready come the 19th.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; you guys want your cake and eat it to. You have mgt that is second to none, and the only reason you're not hurting right now is their smarts. And you will thank them for your good fortune by sitting on what you got till the hedges fully unwind and the company starts taking it up the arz.

This thing will drag on for years, cuz that's just the way things work in this business. SWAPA has prided itself in being able to work with mgt over the years, but this membership is not your fathers membership. It's picked up a ton of newly hired sourpusses the last 5 years from other airlines that are union hardasses.

Wait until they drop the 100 seat rate bomb on you guys. The word adversarial will be on the tip of everyone's tongue at that pt.

Why you come here and continue to make a fool of yourself is beyond me.

Dangerkitty said:
Why you come here and continue to make a fool of yourself is beyond me.
Cuz I like getting a rise from emptyheaded sourpusses like yourself.

Now if you want to take the position that SWA would be more than happy to extend the current contract for another 5 years, then stand up and be heard. I say they will stand firm on an overall compensation reduction of 20%. My guess is SWAPA leadership won't budge for at least 2 years, and will finally be forced to present a TA to the membership for ratification by the end of 2008. It will be voted down and the existing leadership will receive a no confidence vote from the hardline membership and removed. Just another predictable soap opera from this disfunctional family known as the airline business.

lowecur said:

Now if you want to take the position that SWA would be more than happy to extend the current contract for another 5 years, then stand up and be heard. I say they will stand firm on an overall compensation reduction of 20%. My guess is SWAPA leadership won't budge for at least 2 years, and will finally be forced to present a TA to the membership for ratification by the end of 2008. It will be voted down and the existing leadership will receive a no confidence vote from the hardline membership and removed. Just another predictable soap opera from this disfunctional family known as the airline business.

The mistakes that you and others make in regards to SWA, over and over again, is applying lessons from other carriers and assuming they apply. They don't. If you don't get SWA is different, then and now, you don't get SWA.

Watch and learn this Section 6, everyone has their vocal minorities but the huge majority of SWA pilots still feel the LUV.

lowecur said:

Empty headed? Let me remind you that you are the moron who thought that when pilots here were talking about Cat II and Cat III approaches, you asked why we were talking about landing in hurricaines.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You don't know anything about the airline business.

Please guy back to your cubicle and hunt for your red stapler.

lowecur said:
1. you guys want your cake and eat it to.

2. picked up a ton of newly hired sourpusses the last 5 years from other airlines that are union hardasses.

3. Wait until they drop the 100 seat rate bomb on you guys. The word adversarial will be on the tip of everyone's tongue at that pt.

1. You are wrong. The "we need a raise" guys are an extreme minority, and not even a vocal one. I've yet to meet one on line.

2. You are wrong. Those guys get turned down. We hire furloughed guys, but the "sourpusses" are weeded out. Those that get through have a quick attitude change when they find out how it is to be treated well for the first time in their carreer.

3. You're taking a flyer here and hoping for a hit. I'll take one too since the topic hasn't been addressed. Same payrates for smaller equipment. Not worth splitting the pilot group over something that probably will not happen anyway. After all, if the company decides on smaller A/C, it will be because it is more cost effective, not less. I doubt they will see an improvement in efficiency as a reason for a pay cut.

lowecur said:
...existing leadership will receive a no confidence vote from the hardline membership and removed...

hardline membership? You're not at all familiar with our history. Or our membership.

Maybe you guys can negotiate to have the company pay for employee parking. I was just on the employee bus and there's a big notice for SWA employees to fill out the form to have parking fees deducted from your paycheck...........:rolleyes: What a joke

Latest resources

Back