• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can vouch for that. When I went through SWA F/A training in 1995 we had our liquor mock up on St. Patrick's Day at the G.O. I don't remember much of it past the first hour.

Well, Did you expect them to throw the liquor away...We are not known to waste a valuable commodity like that! Like a Priest after mass, someone's got to drink it!

KBB

How does reserve work? Any control over reserve days? Can they be pushed together for fewer commutes?

Reserve days can be put in give away, but they have to go as a block. You can trade blocks with other reserves and move them together for commuting purposes, as long as you can get someone to trade with and you still have the required one day off, etc.

Reserve block are four and three, with four and three days off in between.

Reserve days can be put in give away, but they have to go as a block. You can trade blocks with other reserves and move them together for commuting purposes, as long as you can get someone to trade with and you still have the required one day off, etc.

Reserve block are four and three, with four and three days off in between.

You can also put up "Remaining days" in giveaway once the current day begins, Plenty of people playing the game now to pick up remaining days (2's or singles) and play Roulette whether you get called or not.

Reserve sucks no matter what, Hopefully once the training snake catches up we'll be hiring to get guys off reserve.

Good Luck,
KBB

Well, Did you expect them to throw the liquor away...We are not known to waste a valuable commodity like that! Like a Priest after mass, someone's got to drink it!

KBB

Nope, we put it to good use. In fact, I remember Bill Miller (then VP of Inflight) instructing us that after our first hour of bar-tending and "training" we would have to do some serious drinking to catch up with the rest of the party-goers. Needless to say I was pretty miserable in boy-stewardess training the next day, but it was worth it!

Our forums just had a post of a recent class breakdown of...

18 AirForce
1 Navy
1 Civilian

You take it from there.....

I sincerely HOPE "they" are being honest with new hires about the time to upgrade. Some hired today may never upgrade and I'm talking about 40 year olds. It's probably gonna be at least 20 years. That seems ok when you're new because of the excitement, but after several years in the right seat, it's not so exciting anymore. Don't get me wrong, I believe Swa is a great place to work (today!), but I want to make sure pilot's accepting a job here understand this fact.

That was my thought taking the job at 48 years of age. But when you hit roughly 5 years here making 150K plus, sitting right seat with a good schedule, the capt upgrade isn't as important, especially if you've been there done that at a former job for 11 years. Just sayin

I think the long upgrade is why they can hire the retired mil guy, stable good paying job, not concerned with upgrade as long as they have a stable income. This is the reason to not hire young civvy pilots, they will be looking to jump ship at earliest opportunityof upgrade path. It's a buyers market.

In a way that's too bad. I would like to see a more even mix of civilian/mil and young and old. Eventually we all have to be replaced. I think you are right though Scoreboard.

Latest resources

Back