• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawaii is pretty crowded, I'm trying to figure out what advantage SW has in this market and if it will really be a good profit generator. What's magic about Hawaii all of a sudden (right in the middle of the AT integration) after all these years?

They may not make tons of money on each flight but they WILL make money when thousands of people enroll in the frequent flier program with the hope of earning a free trip to Hawaii.

Yeah, I actually didn't expect to open up my wallet quite as much as I did when hired. It's a complete indoctrination that we're all protective of- and it comes off loud and clear:
"It is not ALL ABOUT YOU"
you got a dream job where if you're wise you will have a great time and retire a millionaire. But you're going to live right- donate to charity- that fun new hire party- that's not funded by herb or Gary- that's funded by the previous class- you immediately have a responsibility to the culture-
The idea is this- every time you go to work, you worry about taking care of everyone you see; internal customer first, external customer second- you don't even think about you as much as it's possible- and guess what- it works-
You have to give in order to receive.
When you worry about how much you're giving vs how much you're receiving, the entire work environment changes for the better- and you always end up receiving in droves- way more than you would if you were self-centered.
I've worked at good spots, under good contracts, never one that employed this simple, basic, universal truth- and it makes all the difference.
So get your checkbook ready- but realize how much better the job will be bc of that.

I'm sold

The second best party to attend behind the "night before wild turkey drunk fest" is the "liquor mock up for new hire FA's"! If I recall, the drinks are cheap and the money goes to charity...just another way to give back (and enjoy yourself while your doing it!)

Of course there has to be FA new hire classes going on which I'm not sure about, maybe someone who's been to The big "D" can chime in.

Later,
KBB

The second best party to attend behind the "night before wild turkey drunk fest" is the "liquor mock up for new hire FA's"! If I recall, the drinks are cheap and the money goes to charity...just another way to give back (and enjoy yourself while your doing it!)

Of course there has to be FA new hire classes going on which I'm not sure about, maybe someone who's been to The big "D" can chime in.

Later,
KBB

I can vouch for that. When I went through SWA F/A training in 1995 we had our liquor mock up on St. Patrick's Day at the G.O. I don't remember much of it past the first hour.

Yeah, I actually didn't expect to open up my wallet quite as much as I did when hired. It's a complete indoctrination that we're all protective of- and it comes off loud and clear:
"It is not ALL ABOUT YOU"
you got a dream job where if you're wise you will have a great time and retire a millionaire. But you're going to live right- donate to charity- that fun new hire party- that's not funded by herb or Gary- that's funded by the previous class- you immediately have a responsibility to the culture-
The idea is this- every time you go to work, you worry about taking care of everyone you see; internal customer first, external customer second- you don't even think about you as much as it's possible- and guess what- it works-
You have to give in order to receive.
When you worry about how much you're giving vs how much you're receiving, the entire work environment changes for the better- and you always end up receiving in droves- way more than you would if you were self-centered.
I've worked at good spots, under good contracts, never one that employed this simple, basic, universal truth- and it makes all the difference.
So get your checkbook ready- but realize how much better the job will be bc of that.

Very well put, Wave. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back