• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we are done hiring for this year. The last classes will be my AT brothers and sisters coming to class to sing kumbaya with us SWA guys/gals.

Yes, as stated, retiree pay, plus FO pay, equals nice retirement.

All civies want/need the full monty that a 121 gig gives, therefore, more likely to jump ship if upgrades do not happen.

Nice try, nice theory and nice spin on the age old mil-civ debate. But you got to know it isn't true- and IF classes are that far sprung to the mil side- the PD is going to be hearing it from me everyday (it's not though).

My military friends are much more pissed about air tran and stagnation than my civilian friends-
Why? You tell me- but IMO there's a lack of perspective from the mil guys here who have never experienced a truly bad airline culture and unethical mgmt. Or a truly bad paycheck.

I hear you on pensions - which is nice and well earned- but more money is always more money-plus, a lot of mil pilots have never been 121 captains, but have been in positions of greater authority than any 121 capt in the past and tend to want that back for ego reasons-
With outsourcing gone crazy, literally all civilians have been captains for years and years and dont need the ego trip of it. You're right, we're in it for the money, but after flying a decade of regional schedules, we also want quality of life even more. We're getting paid more than we ever have and want the time to enjoy it.
Bottom line- everybody wants growth and movement and the upgrades that follow-
Saying one group is better suited to the new mature Swapa pilot list is just self serving spin-

Wave it is all about the money, let's hope that it can stay good at Swa. We just need to look at the past and learn from it.

Latest resources

Back