Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!

Off to the SUGAR BOWL!!!

and you can't spell Sugar without UGA!!!!

Hey Yahtzee - you're gonna fly SWA down to New Orleans for the big New Years DAWG game vs. the 'Noles? (that should be very interesting considering they must know every one of Mark Richt's plays inside and out!)

I live a whopping 30 minutes away from the Superdome so I guess I can spend the extra $$ I don't have to fly on good seats!

Let me know if you're coming down for the game - always good to have another DAWG fan at the game and in the skies!

LOOK AT THE SUGAR FALLING FROM THE SKIES!!!

Les

Looking for hotels

UGApilotDawg,

I'll be in New Orleans for the game and the festivities. SWA out of BHM....for $214...and that's the most expensive fare I could buy.

I'm just starting my hotel search...I'll keep you posted via a PM on the results.

Yahtz

P.S. I'm catching crap from a guy in my squadron about "being lucky" not having to play USC. Did I miss something or does the Pac-10 remind you of the NBA...all offensive and no D?

I have news...not only do the Dawgs have an offense...they play a nice D. Midway through the third quarter Arkansas had more yards from UGA penalties than they did from their own offense. ..must have been a payoff from CBS trying to keep it close. ;) Lucky for Carson Palmer he won't get introduced to Boss Bailey until the NFL. :eek:

A lot of tickets are popping up for sale to the general public from the agencies that always buy them - and why the game's always sold out. I looked for tickets yesterday but according the both the Sugar Bowl people and the Superdome people, the UGA and FSU sections have not yet been divided and marked. So I am going to wait til I know where the UGA sections are and probably buy a SWA byte sized fare ticket for my wife and I - she and I know we were lucky we didn't play LSU in the Championship game. But then Arkansas did win their division , didn't they? I don't think your buddies at USC can say that! And how did Iowa move ahead in both polls sitting idle the week we beat Tech 51-7? Who knows - hopefully after all the bowls UGA wins and finishes #2 in the country!

Then maybe I can climb out of this pool with a smile on my face despite all the shrinkage!

Aloha, Les

Listen here you chaps,
This is poetry 101,
If you must discuss your sport,
I think it'd be more fun,
If all your lines would rhyme,
And then we all could see,
Who really had the biggest
poem cap a bil ity

:D

dude....

I am going to go out on a limb here and speak for my fellow poolies....

Pegasus, thank God you are #43 in our "unofficial" list.... who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and pull off a 2nd OR 3rd class slot.... you need to get to WORK man!?!?:eek:

Have fun - Happy Holidays - try to stay away from the Kool-Turkey/Turkey-Aid over the break@@@:D :D

Regards - Tred....

email clerk?

what do you? - internet support, sort emails for a busy CEO??? Notice your name as being logged in often?!?!?:p

Enjoy your job whatever it is.... a buddy of mine told me last week that only 2 things in his LIFE have exceeded his expectations -

1) his wife
2) flying for SWA

I hope that when you "loose" your current great job that you will agree with the above comment(s), at least one of them!!!

OF course, you could ALWAYS consider staying where you ARE???? Who knows, might not want to mess up a GOOD thing????

IF I can help you out some more, I would be glad to change numbers with you in the pool, you know, just to give YOU some time to think about making the change and all.... just to HELP you out - I am such a NICE guy!!!!!

:D Tred:D

Does this count?

Pegasus...

Oh I wish I were a Southwest Poolie
That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
'cause if I were a Southwest Poolie
I’d wear one of Tred’s T-shirts for all the world to see. ;)

Yahtz

P.S. How ‘Bout My Dawgs?

Yahtzee, my dear fellow,

Marvellous effort. I do belive you are quite the thespian when you are not talking utter bollocks about football :)

Tredding. Ahh, Tredding. So kind of you to inquire. I am currently a technical author. I have no idea what that is, but it means I get paid $20/hr to discuss where a margin should go in a document. It is very similar to a military staff course on Sevice Paper writing. But I also get to check on my favorite web site.

Of course you can have my slot in the list. The going price is about $5m.
:D

Jobs while swimming...

Pegasus,

That's funny, you get $20/hr for "editing!" I am in a similar situation. I get $20/hr to type on a computer, plug broadcast- quality video tapes into a digitizing machine, click the "Autocopy" icon, and watch movies!! Lots of OT lately and my OT rate is $30/hr.

What is really disheartening is the fact that it took me about 7 years of professional flying on the civilian side of the fence (just clarifying my background... no flame war necessary) to make the equivalent of what I make now, and I had NO experience in broadcasting prior to getting this current job!!

However, after three years at SWA I'll far surpass what I could've ever made in TV broadcasting, so aviation has its up side. Besides, I really do miss flying. :(

Latest resources

Back