SWA Attempts To Steal Routes - Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
deleted. Why beat a dead horse

Sometimes there are things more important than share price, or "as long as it benefits me", or the kind of things said by SWA posters here. For a lot of folks in Mexico, Continental was their first airplane ride or first airline experience. And in some cases it was how relief was delivered. There's a good will element to international airline commerce that is important. SWA doesn't even do this for Houston!! In Hurricane emergencies you're the first airline to leave, and the last to return. Youre only about your own bottom line, in a uniquely unpleasant manner.

I guess all that good will stuff happened when Frank Lorenzo was running Continental. Before my time. As for Southwest. They are an annoyingly pro community and volunteer friendly airline. If you worked for Samsung. You would be pissed off when Apple introduced the iPhone 6 plus because it was taking some of your market share. It's a competive business. Blaming another airline for your airline's misfortune is a cop out. Although last time I checked Unical is one of the largest airlines in the world. Hardly something to complain about.

I guess all that good will stuff happened when Frank Lorenzo was running Continental. Before my time. As for Southwest. They are an annoyingly pro community and volunteer friendly airline. If you worked for Samsung. You would be pissed off when Apple introduced the iPhone 6 plus because it was taking some of your market share. It's a competive business. Blaming another airline for your airline's misfortune is a cop out. Although last time I checked Unical is one of the largest airlines in the world. Hardly something to complain about.

Pro community and volunteering is good, but the way it's upheld (annoyingly) is because SWA is overcompensating for being a discounter that doesn't participate like others.

Apart from that, Samsung v Apple is a great example. Samsung is building the best phone they can (it's a good one really!) and being vocal that Apple should aspire to better than stealing samsungs patents and rededicate themselves to fair trade practices.

In Hurricane emergencies you're the first airline to leave, and the last to return. Youre only about your own bottom line, in a uniquely unpleasant manner.

You're incorrect on this point. Just in recent memory, Southwest flew multiple relief flight to Cabo for Odile, New York/Newark for Sandy, and New Orleans for Katrina.

Southwest has made mistakes by pulling out a bit early in anticipation of weather but has also been the last to leave (sometimes a mistake, too).

Wave: I know you're waiting for this thread to blow over. But let me remind you, that about every 10th post you make you're calling out someone to own up to some thing that should embarrass/frustrate them. Your lack of participation here is a glaring admission on your part...

Wave: I know you're waiting for this thread to blow over. But let me remind you, that about every 10th post you make you're calling out someone to own up to some thing that should embarrass/frustrate them. Your lack of participation here is a glaring admission on your part...

He's been gone for awhile Flop.

Did you not see his 'Last post' thread title a few months back?

May have had something to do with paying an annual fee to FI..

You realize you're not even addressing the question, right Flop? You may very well make a "reasonable premium" in your first class, as does every other legacy with first class. On the other hand, you make a hell of a lot more than a "reasonable premium" on first class, business class, economy, economy-plus, steerage, and whatever other name you have for a class; when there's no actual competition allowed on a route--you can charge whatever you want. You might want to look up the word "monopoly."

Thanks for pointing that out Flop! We did get a pretty good example of how the Mexican government feels--they said that they were going to grant our request to enter that market, remember? They wanted us there, one way or another. It was only at that point that United suggested just adding another route authority for us, because they knew that otherwise they would lose one of the two they had been monopolizing. Nothing "denied."

Again, thanks for pointing out that no "favors" were needed or granted to Southwest--just the business of competition. You might want to point that out to Ex737whiner--he seems to think that we bribed somebody.

Weeellll,... not quite yet. Right now it's still a glaring, overpriced United monopoly. But soon you will have competition, although just from Southwest. In nine months, it will be a real competition for any airline who wants to try their luck at that route.

You're a funny guy, Flop--I'll give you that. Our ego? We're not the ones trying to dictate how another company runs their business--that would be you. And you realize that your last sentence is actually a self-contradiction: the "warning" was actually to you guys, in that the Mexican government obviously didn't like your monopoly.

Hey, but on the bright side, Flop, at least we found out that there's a poster who's wackier than you here on Flight Info--Ex737Driver. That's gotta' count for something!

Bubba

Your nativity is both astounding and childish to say the least. I hate to break it you but there is no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or tooth fairy either. Since SWA has been "domesticated" for most of its existence, and you obviously haven't learned shat from Airtran, watching you operate out of Mexico will be, shall we say, humorous. This unmitigated arrogance that you continue to spew will hopefully, not bite you in the azz as SWA attempts to morph it's business plan to align more with airlines that have been doing this type of flying for decades.

Your nativity is both astounding and childish to say the least. I hate to break it you but there is no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or tooth fairy either. Since SWA has been "domesticated" for most of its existence, and you obviously haven't learned shat from Airtran, watching you operate out of Mexico will be, shall we say, humorous. This unmitigated arrogance that you continue to spew will hopefully, not bite you in the azz as SWA attempts to morph it's business plan to align more with airlines that have been doing this type of flying for decades.

Can you tell me what is so hard to fly outside the lower 48 ? Maybe I am missing something .

Latest resources

Back