• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Attempts To Steal Routes - Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The current high standard of living at Southwest requires that they steal routes, gates, airplanes and seniority, and they do it very well.

The current high standard of living at Southwest requires that they steal routes, gates, airplanes and seniority, and they do it very well.

Well, if anyone knows about stealing seniority, it would be you, you scab-wannabe. Thanks for chiming in!

Bubba

We do EVERTHING better than you, that's why you're stuck at Sh!t Air. :laugh:

Both U.S. and Mexican authorities have made it easier for more airlines to fly to trans border destinations because ALL limits will be lifted in 9 short months.]

Well, if true (lifted in 9 months) that means what swa has attempted is even more dispicable. Right?! This would be one of the most heinous attempts at fixing competition I've ever heard of.

Look, I've been talking about this for a long time. I'm not surprised at all. In fact swa is right now is fighting a court document that provides for Delta to stay at Love. Decades of this behavior, along with low pay and no pension, is what got swa to where it is.

What does surprise me is the lack of posts from the usual swa posters. The silence speaks volumes.

Maybe because it doesn't do any good to wrestle with the pig (you).

I'm still stunned you think the Wright Amendment was formed to HELP Southwest.

But carry on with your 'facts according to Flop'. Very little based in truth by the way.

Last edited:

I hope I do not end up an angry old man like yourself . Where do you think it all went south for you ?

Look, opinions and azzholes.................if it walks like and duck and quacks like a duck. Simple fact is SWA wanted to remove the competition from the route(s). It got some of what it wanted. UAL got some of what it wanted.

Look, opinions and azzholes.................if it walks like and duck and quacks like a duck. Simple fact is SWA wanted to remove the competition from the route(s). It got some of what it wanted. UAL got some of what it wanted.
Are you really this dense?

SWA was trying to get in the market in order to compete. They want to compete in the market but the two slots allowed are both being flown by two airlines flying the same code.

SWA was trying to get in the market in order to compete. They want to compete in the market but the two slots allowed are both being flown by two airlines flying the same code.

Which, of course, shows that really it was United trying to prevent competition. Monopolize the only two airline positions for that city pair, even though only one airline is using them. Why? To prevent any other airline from providing any competition. Sounds about right for Flop's airline.

Bubba

Which, of course, shows that really it was United trying to prevent competition. Monopolize the only two airline positions for that city pair, even though only one airline is using them. Why? To prevent any other airline from providing any competition. Sounds about right for Flop's airline.

Bubba

If UAL didn't want to compete with you, then why did they actively lobby the DOJ to intervene and gain the extra bilateral rights?! You got what you wanted. UAL was in favor of you getting the rights. Read the facts guys. You've got no defense on this. None!! You're both completely full of crap on this, and honestly I think you need to retract and apologize for these two misleading and somewhat slanderous posts.

Your both acting pissy about this. And it makes pretty clear that you were a lot less interested in the work and the chance to compete, than you were in seeing something taken from a legacy, and handed to SWA.

My thought is this: SWA wanted to steal something from an airline already doing it, to not only knock out a competitor and take their passengers, but it would also allow them to not involve Mexico's aviation authorities. Now that SWA has taken a favor, when Mexico takes issue with the lack of gates at Hobby, SWA and the city of Houston are going to owe them a favor. And I think what they're going to want is accommodation at the SWA owned gates, when the single common use isn't available.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back