• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Attempts To Steal Routes - Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was USAir. (I thought the Gangwal and Wolf cracks were pretty transparent but I forget that some people have had limited exposure to the airlines.)
99% got it. The 1% (or 1 dude) who didn't couldn't count his balls and come up with the same number twice.

It was USAir. (I thought the Gangwal and Wolf cracks were pretty transparent but I forget that some people have had limited exposure to the airlines.)

We have a CBA that is deficient in a number of areas because we have a pilot group that is almost solely focused on W2 at the expense of quality of life. (Don't believe me? ELITT is great as long as you like working weekends...)

Reserve work rules are onerous at best. No long call. No early release on the last day even if unassigned. No passing. Can't get released from a deadhead.

For line holders No dropping of trips or splitting trips in domicile. There is no reason (I can think of) why open time is removed from ELITT and locked three days prior to a trip.

No paid parking (?!) no paid uniforms (?!) no crew meals during international turns i/e long duty days during which you are not permitted to leave the airplane. (?!) Pilots expected to babysit an aircraft on ground power until the next crew arrives for no additional compensation. Pilots may be asked to deadhead in the jumpseat on certain flights...

You are right. There are a lot of improvements that should be made. Don't get me wrong. It is a good place to work and I am glad that they are successful. But let's not make it out to be panacea. We should benchmark the contract against our peers in areas other than just the section dealing with pay rates.

I can't disagree FA. We are deficient in some areas, but blow some carriers away in others (duty day and min daily guarantee mostly).There are plenty of areas to improve, but the bottom line is we won't be able to do them all at once. The union has carved out Reserve, Retirement and Compensation. I'm on board with those goals. My number one would be retirement, but I wouldn't leave the others behind in spite of that.

Like any contract, you probably make some gains but it won't be the whole enchilada. I hope we are able to get the most possible. Especially with a successful company making so much cash.

We are deficient in some areas, but blow some carriers away in others (duty day and min daily guarantee mostly).QUOTE]

We may only blow them away in the planning stage, once it gets to daily operations, this place is f'ed up. Min day and some paid dh's go out the window and there is a lot of crap that shows up in open time after screw skeds breaks up a trip and puts the pieces back out. All of the planning rules should apply to daily operations as well in the next CBA. You won't hear this from the WN rah rah's around here, but it's pitiful.

Latest resources

Back