• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Apps require type, 1 Nov start date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One last post, please? Not only could I not stop reading, but now I feel the urge to reply...

{cue the band}
The anger and impression of probable backstabbing I get from reading this string is truely disappointing. I understand the courage people gain when able to make anonymous statements (this message board), but this is getting out of hand. Are we not professionals? Is there something wrong with somebody believing in their company? Some of the petty griping about other companies uniforms is pitiful. Sure there is some joking going on here, but without one of those wonderful smilies, do you really think anyone gets the humor (or sarcasm)? Seeing how many people "act" on this board gives me another reason to be thankful for unions. I can only imagine how much backstabbing might go on at a non-union airline. Where people would be climbing over their "buddies" back to move ahead, rather than locked in to the usual seniority
{music fades out, I step off of soap box :p }

I believe this string started on the topic of the type rating for SWA. I don't have a huge civilian aviation history, so I'm not all that informed about pay for training, other than, I'm glad I never had to do it. I think it is a stretch of the imagination to say requiring a type is pay for training. It is also a stretch to say it shows loyalty to the company to get the type (I can't imagine it really saves the company any training money either). I'm sure most of the folks that get the type, don't want to pay for it, nor spend the time getting the type, but they realize if they want to work for SWA, they must. I didn't like paying for, nor going to college, but I realized it was one of those things I had to do to reach my goals in life. One could argue it is similar to, but not nearly to the same degree, as the fee some airlines require to apply. Is this BS? YES. Do other employees in these companies have to PAY to apply? (the number of applications arguement doesn't fly with me) Nope. Do we pilots put up with this kind of cr@p just to try and become a major airline pilot? Of course. Then we sign on to a message board where we can call someone names and they'll never know who really said those things.

I must now go change a diaper (not mine), which is sometimes better than posts on this board, yet, as KC-10 driver mentioned, I can't seem to look away...what has my life come to?

See

I for one part, take back anything that might have offended anybody. Hopefully everything will get back to normal. I did have fun writting some posts, and talking to some of you. I do have plenty of respect for all of you, because if theres something we do share in common is the love for flying. We are all in this toghether no matter what race, ethnic group or country we belong to. So, once again peace, and hope everybody gets back to flying.

Horse Meat... rotting in the sun...

The last few posts here remind me of the reason I stayed off this site for 4 weeks.... it got to smelling like one of the diapers Seeiner is changing....

Pilots, can't live with 'em, can't fly without 'em.... what a drag.

Have a great day everyone - peace to all who need some.

Regards - Tred

For a lesson in civility and decorum, one should pay a visit to the www.pprune.com site.

There is a lot of disagreement and critical discussion on that forum, but not near as much flame throwing and bile as sometimes appear on this board.

That is the only soap box upon which I'll stand.

IT AINT THE SAME

The economy structure for Mexico and the US are at two different ends of the spectrum. I am glad you have a great career at Mexacana, and your right , ALL Central and Latin America Major Airlines offer better cabin service ie. ..silver ware and china. maybe even caviar? But it does not work that way in the US business world. If it did you would see more Mexicana style airlines.

And imo all that testing and eval and sim ride dont mean jack when it comes down to what the person is really like. Which is what SW tries to find out in thier interview.

All though I wouldn't know personally, Mexicana sounds alot like a US airline did in the 60-70's. As democracy evolves there like it has here I think you will see similar changes..

I blame the spelling on me being a red neck ( not a racist)

Wish you the best, Neighbor

Via con Dios

Latest resources

Back