SWA Application update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indapool said:
Any other Poolies get this? I got mine today. "We would like to update your Pilot Supplemental Application packet that we have on file. Please take a moment to complete the enclosed form and return to us by Feb 28, 2003 so that your application will remain active in our files." Application?? Hell, I've been bobbing around in this swampy water for over a year. So...umm..WTF..over :)

Inda -

I'd give LL a call and see whats up.

here is your bone

I am number 55 on our list and I have NOT recieved any application update - it sounds like a mistake, let us know how it turns out.

I think the update forms are for applicants...not poolies. If you are in the pool there is no need to update your "application." Is that what other people's idea is of this update form?

I also received an update letter. Applied October 2002 (prior to the 737 type requirement).

What is interesting, I am civilian (and noticed that everyone else has some type of military background).

Excited to even be recognized in this market.......

And I do not possess a 737 Type at this time.

Just rcvd mine today. It was post-marked 13 JAN. I got my app in prior to the NOV 02 deadline and do not currently have the type yet.

got mine too

Just checked the mail and got mine too. Nice to know
that they have not forgotten me!! Looks like late 2003
for a face to face.(sent my stuff in back in oct)

Interviewees...

I know that not everyone can afford it... or has time off to do it, however, IF you can get the type BEFORE interviewing... it will weigh heavy on your future IF you get hired.

Just look at the Poolie List and take note of where people are in the pool by looking at the interview dates & type dates..... lots of folks leap-frogged over others who interviewed months prior, due to having their type prior to the interview date.

Your senority # will decide EVERYTHING for you once hired.... If you believe that ALL you want to be is a SWA pilot - then by all means - stack the deck in your favor!!!

Once again, those who are in the pool and were unable to get the type, but were hired, PLEASE take no offense - I am just trying to give those behind us a reason to think about why a 737 type may be a good idea....:p

Good Luck to all those waiting to interview.... can't wait to see you get a chance.... and looking forward to "evolving" back to dry land for ALL of us patient rats!!!

Tred

?

Tred,Looseca,
can you folks share some insight as to what you think
made your interview a success? You know,secret handshake...
stuff like that. I know alot of folks,including myself,really
would appreciate any words of wisdom from such obviously
great and wonderful aviators as yourselves!!!

p.s. sucking up is allowed on this board isn't it??

thanks,
Learguy

Last edited:
interview prep...... (an opinion)

Rule #1 ALWAYS be yourself, don't attempt to "be" what you think they are looking for! Now, with that out of the way.....

When I was called for my SWA interview...(one of the BEST days in my 20+ year aviation career, ONLY topped by the call that I was "successful in the interview process"...., both to be overshadowed by a call (soon, perhaps?) inviting me to DAL for my training - pardon me, I digress...) let's try this again;

When I was called for my SWA interview... I called a buddy of mine who is a SWA FO (who also does interview preps) and asked him to please be honset and tell me why I should even consider using his (or some else's) services??? After all, SWA wants to see YOU as a person - with NO preconcieved notions, etc., etc.

If anything, the interview process @ SWA is WELL documented and I felt I had "most" of the current gouge.

He agreed with all of my observations. He said that I may in fact get through the interview just fine, and could possibly do so without any "help".

However, he said....
IF you thought you might increase your chances of not completly blowing the interview, by spending a rather small amount of $$ in the BIG scheme, would you do so as a "hedge" or perhaps "insurance"????? Would you do it knowning that it might increase your awareness of what the interview was going to be like?? Would you consider doing it if there was no downside, other than be out a few $$$??

Of course, I answered yes to all of the above questions. Honestly, I prepped, studied, worried and then studied and worried some more BEFORE we started my formal "prep" work. It was MY intention to do a couple of things; 1. use his time effectively, as you pay by the hour,. and, 2. show him that I was serious and ready to interview with, or without, his help.

Let me tell you something - I believe that FOR ME, his assistance was very helpful in preparing ME for MY interview. I must explain - I suffer "slightly" from "performance anxiety", aka "stage fright". Funny thing too, I am a musician who has performed in hundreds of nightclubs & concerts, in front of crowds ranging from a few friends to over 5,000. I have given seminiars to groups up to 100 where I am the ONLY speaker... yet every single time, I wig out right before (sometimes at the beginning) of EVERY performance.

By "preparing" me for my SWA interview - I was put in a very similar situation(as the actual interview), asked similar questions & role played my way through the entire process 5-7 times. Video taped twice. Guys and girls, this did not change ANYthing about me or the way I handled the actual interview... but as the old saying goes.... practice makes perfect. FYI - I erased the first video - it was HORRIBLE!!

Do whatever you want to do. But please accept a little advice. If you think it is competitive getting on with a major airline. Think about what it is like with ONLY 1 major pax airline interviewing/ hiring!!!!!? Perhaps you should consider a little insurance too?

As is SO overused - "IMHO" - you should do EVERYthing possible to increase YOUR odds of knocking it out of the park when/if you are lucky enough to get a chance to interview.... think about it.

Best of luck to EVERYone that follows us Rats into the future. Hurry up and get on board so I can get off reserve! (of cousre, I would give almost anything to BE on reserve right NOW!!!!):D

Tred

PS - www.swaprep.com for those who are interested....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back