• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and SWAPA Negotiating -800s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never forget everything is negotiated. If SWAPA does not get or try to get more pay, they need to negotiate something. That is how the game is played.

Flight attendants get a 1% raise plus a profitability based raise 1 year later that could be an additional 2%. Should the pilots be offered a raise? Based on the FA deal, yes.

Here's to hoping that we get paid the same. Last time I checked CAL has been bankrupt and has had furloughees. Great example!!

We already get paid enough to fly a guppy around. I hope we do not do the UAL, "Max Pay til the Last Day," bit. How, 'bout, "Pretty damn good pay til you have to retire."
Management in training, or just drinking too much kool aid?

Seems some folks are forgetting how/why SWA has been so sucessful.
PFT has surely kept training costs down.

I rest my case!

I think that's a good idea, 'resting your case'- and I don't say that in an inciteful way- but like whataburger, I've been at multiple airlines- and keeping your perspective is one of the keys to retiring happy....which ought to be the goal-

Management in training, or just drinking too much kool aid?

PFT has surely kept training costs down.

Mgmt in training. LOL!!! That implies a very high level of give-a-damn combined with perfecting the a$$-kiss. Also it is required to be an F-16 ring knocker from the zoo to be mgmt. I am none of the above. I am a line dog that appreciates being employed at one of the best companies in America that enjoys tons of days off. Even if it means flying 8 legs a day.

Too much cool aid? Nope. Too much common sense - Guilty.

PFT has definetly kept training costs down.

I think that's a good idea, 'resting your case'- and I don't say that in an inciteful way- but like whataburger, I've been at multiple airlines- and keeping your perspective is one of the keys to retiring happy....which ought to be the goal-

My friend. You accept no pay raise now for the 800 and the company will know that we bend over backwards and are a bunch if push overs. The 800 has the potential for 30% more revenue and you want none of it. That to me is nonsense.

If in the future If we do get 787's, the company will look back at the collective folding of the pilot group and offer you peanuts. If nothing but for the sake of strong cohesive unit, we must demand a pay raise on this airplane.

Management is management. Their concern is ultimately the stock holder, not you or I. Cave I'm now and we'll go back to being paid less than everyone else once they come back up and believe me they will.

Iflyhigh72- that's a reasonable response- I get your argument and at every other airline I'd take that stance- I am saying two things- 1) same pay for the individuals so we don't fracture the group, esp if we get a different type. If we get more then blend it for everyone and not just those who fly the a/c & 2) debate getting more for the -800- it begs the question: are you willing to take less money flying the -500 now? Are you willing to take less for the C1000 or E-195 if we went that route?

It's not a ridiculous debate, I just want everyone to get past the first knee jerk reaction and see how every scenario could play out

Latest resources

Back