• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and SWAPA Negotiating -800s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL Good stuff. Thanks for posting the link. You know they're gonna say "what happens if we get a smaller airplane, do we pay you less" I hear a lot of guys on line say that same crap. Its scary but the majority the pilots would probably agree to no pay raise.

Another case of "Southwest management will never screw me" They are always looking out for my best interest"

I agree that they are terrified of the Flight Attendants for some reason. They're more unified than us, That's without a doubt.

Our second contract passed by 87%. We barely rejected the first one. Ill bet the doom and gloom letter that GK put out during the renegotiation swayed a lot of people. Im a proud member of the 13% no voters.

Lets stay unified on this guys! Id love to hear some thoughts on the subject. Doesnt CAL pay 13% more if you fly the 800's as opposed to the smaller 737's. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Proud member of the 13%.... why so proud?

Look at our big picture- we have no outsourcing or domestic codeshare- we have a stated goal of increasing our domestic marketshare to 40% and a few good 100 seat jets entering the market- the argument you lay out as weak is pretty valid IMO-

either way- each individual pilot should be paid the same ala UPS- whether or not the ENTIRE pilot group gets paid more on a blended basis is up for debate- from what I'm seeing on the line, most pilots here see the downside of getting less for smaller jets isn't worth the fight to get more on the slightly bigger same type jet.
I don't see the pilot group feeling the same way about 787's

Here's to hoping that we get paid the same. Last time I checked CAL has been bankrupt and has had furloughees. Great example!!

We already get paid enough to fly a guppy around. I hope we do not do the UAL, "Max Pay til the Last Day," bit. How, 'bout, "Pretty damn good pay til you have to retire."

Seems some folks are forgetting how/why SWA has been so sucessful.

Here's to hoping that we get paid the same. Last time I checked CAL has been bankrupt and has had furloughees. Great example!!

We already get paid enough to fly a guppy around. I hope we do not do the UAL, "Max Pay til the Last Day," bit. How, 'bout, "Pretty damn good pay til you have to retire."

Seems some folks are forgetting how/why SWA has been so sucessful.

Spoken like a true Management Useful Idiot..............

Spoken like a true Management Useful Idiot..............

That's great- but if you have management that has been good and treated you fair-- what would it say if we brought the fight to them over this- I think it's a good time to build up good will to match the raises mgmt paid us right in the middle of the largest recession since the 30's

I wouldn't have such a pro-management mentality if my mangement hadn't earned it. IMO, they have.

That's great- but if you have management that has been good and treated you fair-- what would it say if we brought the fight to them over this- I think it's a good time to build up good will to match the raises mgmt paid us right in the middle of the largest recession since the 30's

I wouldn't have such a pro-management mentality if my mangement hadn't earned it. IMO, they have.

I rest my case!

Latest resources

Back