• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and IPADS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't over think it, you'll wind up with a POS like we have in the fractionals and a huge IT dept to support/screw it up.

I haven't been able to use it in the AC yet, but so far, I like what I see of the software. BIG improvement over the ship's sets.

Heck, just being able to find the chart I need without having to search through the logbook to find out where the AC has been in the last 4 days (because apparently, ABC123 is too difficult to figure out for some folks), will be a huge improvement. Not having to collate and put away the charts that the last guy left out to "help out" will be nice too.

It'll be nice to get back that real estate next to the seat again, although, they'll probably find something to stuff in there......

My bad, I was thinking of the other flight software Foreflight, not FD.

On another note, we as a pilot group might get this train toward using this stuff moving faster if less than 1000 pilots failed to enroll their ipads by the very generous enrollment deadline. YGBSM.

Are you allowed to use the enroute portion? I jumped on AA the other day and was surprised to find they had to use paper charts for enroute. We (FDX) can use FDPro for all phases of flight. Just interested in what everybody else is doing.

Are you allowed to use the enroute portion? I jumped on AA the other day and was surprised to find they had to use paper charts for enroute. We (FDX) can use FDPro for all phases of flight. Just interested in what everybody else is doing.

Airways can also use the iPad Jepps for all phases of flight, even the enroute charts.

Latest resources

Back