• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude you really need to educate yourself on stuff like this before opening your mouth. We are full coming and going with brand new gates.

Nice credibility...

Yes, but you gave up the old gates. That is the point. You have about the same number of gates, but now they are newer.......did you pay for those new gates, or did the airport authority? You aren't expanding there. Got it yet Red? You had all of these grandiose plans for PHL (A USAir stronghold that really didn't have much LCC competition), and it hasn't materialized. You may add a flight here or there, but expansion there has NOT happened. The airport is plagued with delays, and USAir hasn't backed down. Same with our operation in SLC. You tried to expand, but after awhile you put your planes somewhere else, hoping to find something. How about MSP? That Humphries terminal doesn't have any more gates to give, other than the Airtran gates you will be getting. I guess you could buy Sun Country to try to gain more there, but then there would be another SLI. You got new gates in PHL----Wooo Hooo! Have you seen the ULTRA new INTL terminal in ATL being built? You will, from a distance.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We cancelled about 430 total flights over 3 days VS 3400 everyday, equals about or only about 4 percent of our total flights over just 3 days.

I've heard that DL was losing close to 20 percent of their revenue due to Japan and the rising fuel cost....not to change anytime soon.

The Japan revenue is supposedly coming back, along with the business travellers who left Japan after the earthquake. We are still adding flights there, just not as many as we planned prior to the disaster. As far as rising fuel costs, we have better hedging than you do. And that is a reason we are planning to cut frequencies on some Europe flights after Labor Day, for a total of 3-4 months. Also, we are planning fuel to stay that high, which in all likelihood will not. The CEO, just like yours, has to plan on worse case. Even your CEO said you may not keep all of the Airtran destinations. If you stop one of them, is the World over? Will you keep Charleston, WV? I hope you do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Taken from interview with Anderson:

"To that end, Anderson said Delta now plans to idle 140 of its older, less-efficient aircraft over the next 18 months, up from 120 announced in a March filing. The new total now includes the planned retirement of some larger aircraft used for trans-Atlantic flights.
:cartman:Moth-balling the aircraft will begin after Labor Day and reduce Delta’s system capacity by 4% this year, the company said. On the trans-Atlantic side, it would pull down capacity by 8% to 10%." :erm::cartman:

In addition it mentioned that Japan and Winter WX accounted for $100mil.

PS. We fly over 1,200,000 flights a year. I think we're doin' ok.

PHL is 1 of currently 65 stations. It will be one of 100 in a couple of years. Getting our own terminal proves we suck in PHL.

Your negotiations START next year?????????? Holy crap, no contract until 2014 or beyond. Hold your breath, once you turn Southwest Purple, repeat.

Did GK say he was going to keep every Airtran city pair? I think he stated he would TRY. I can see a lot of your cities being scaled back too. 120 of the 140 planes that were said to be parked were already announced, and in actuality some of those are DC9s that were supposed to be parked starting this year, but today were announed they wouldn't go until next year. Most of those 120 planes were RJs or props, and again were already announced. The other 20 are widebodies that will sit for a few months after Labor Day because of European loads coming down in the Fall. They won't go away for good, rather they will get early mods for new IFE systems etc. No pilots would be furloughed, either. That 8-10% reduction is temporary.

The CFO also stated that we were cash positive this quarter, and we did generate $800 million in cash, part of which was used to pay down debt. Again, Q1 has never been DL's best, and it proved it again.

Bye Bye--General Lee

? You aren't expanding there. Got it yet Red? .

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Do you put ANY effort at all into this before you post or do you just 'wing it'?

All remodeled by the airport, our gate count is now up to 12 (what's DL have? Two?) along with daily departures to 16 cities.

Did you miss the 5 daily departures to Boston recently added?

I've got it now General....it's called the FACTS.

RF

General,

Do you put ANY effort at all into this before you post or do you just 'wing it'?

All remodeled by the airport, our gate count is now up to 12 (what's DL have? Two?) along with daily departures to 16 cities.

Did you miss the 5 daily departures to Boston recently added?

I've got it now General....it's called the FACTS.

RF

Was it always supposed to be that way in PHL? You were touted there as being the next hub killer, and you haven't done that at all. That is my point. Do we have 2 gates there? Probably more than that, including a flight to Paris most nights. We have a bigger hub next door at JFK, and a larger presence in LGA that you do by a mile. (getting bigger if we get the slot swap and terminal swap done with USAir that was delayed because you didn't have any DCA slots you wanted to buy at the time, which has now been solved). We never professed that we would rule PHL, but you did at one time. You are doing the same for ATL, but your numbers just won't jive. Your 200 current flights, turning into 300 flights still wont beat our number. We probably have 300 757 flights per day alone here. That will cause you even more delays, unless you waive it to stay ontime.....

Now, this is all a good distraction or thread creap, and we can go on and on. Let's stay on topic for those interested Airtran pilots. ARBITRATION is the way to go to keep it FAIR guys. Talk amongst yourselves....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General,

Would you please produce the number of 757 and 737 flights a day in ATL? Thanx.

Thanks!!

Please have a rainbow and unicorn filled day. Dont forget to spay or neuter your pet.

Whataburger Sherman

General,

Would you please produce the number of 757 and 737 flights a day in ATL? Thanx.

Thanks!!

Please have a rainbow and unicorn filled day. Dont forget to spay or neuter your pet.

Whataburger Sherman

Ummmm, you can go to OAG online and take a look. Probably a heck of a lot. Then throw in widebodies too. Wow. You will be impressed. But, keep a distance, you don't want to roll over. Have fun petting your unicorn.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Was it always supposed to be that way in PHL? You were touted there as being the next hub killer, and you haven't done that at all. That is my point.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What's your point? You profess that Southwest isn't doing well in Philly and the actual FACTS say otherwise. Don't you just hate when your spin doesn't line up with what is really happening day to day partner?

You and OYS are a broken record with no crediblity and a triple digit loss in ONE QUARTER is the icing on the cake! Your spin in all these areas is pathetic dude.

RF

What's your point? You profess that Southwest isn't doing well in Philly and the actual FACTS say otherwise. Don't you just hate when your spin doesn't line up with what is really happening day to day partner?

You and OYS are a broken record with no crediblity and a triple digit loss in ONE QUARTER is the icing on the cake! Your spin in all these areas is pathetic dude.

RF

Didn't Delta have a triple digit loss during the first quarter last year as well? Then Delta had a profit twice as large as yours thanks to the next two quarters. Now those really are the facts. Wanna look it up or dispute that? I think Lee was stating that for every DEN you have and are successful, you have a PHL that is underwhelming. Sure, it might be a success, but not what was originally stated. Your initial plans of a superhub never materialized, and again that is a fact. Nice new terminal, though.

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back