• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll say it again. I think it will be negotiated and when the dust settles, we will look at it and it will make sense. By the end of July is my prediction. The respective nc's are smarter than anyone on FI.

As a side note, I was having dinner with one of my best friends, a teacher. He is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. He has a family and his wife lost her job last year. They have been struggling financially and all of the sudden the car started falling apart and the house needs a big repair. He holds his head high and keeps on trucking.

This friend has made me realize how petty this SLI argument is in the grand scheme of life. Admittedly, I have been worked up over this in the past but refuse to be in the future. My friend deserves much better but he ain't getting it. AAI guys need to appreciate the opportunity and we SWA need to appreciate what we have. It will get worked out and it certainly won't happen on here.

Here is to a speedy resolution that is palatable to the masses!

Happy Easter to all! He is Risen!

I'll say it again. I think it will be negotiated and when the dust settles, we will look at it and it will make sense. By the end of July is my prediction. The respective nc's are smarter than anyone on FI.

As a side note, I was having dinner with one of my best friends, a teacher. He is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. He has a family and his wife lost her job last year. They have been struggling financially and all of the sudden the car started falling apart and the house needs a big repair. He holds his head high and keeps on trucking.

This friend has made me realize how petty this SLI argument is in the grand scheme of life. Admittedly, I have been worked up over this in the past but refuse to be in the future. My friend deserves much better but he ain't getting it. AAI guys need to appreciate the opportunity and we SWA need to appreciate what we have. It will get worked out and it certainly won't happen on here.

Here is to a speedy resolution that is palatable to the masses!

Happy Easter to all! He is Risen!

So true, thank you!

Southwest negotiators have already
Stated their intent to abide by Bond-
McKaskill legislation.

It will go to arbitration and will most
Likely result in a fair, relative seniority
SLI.

No one will lose their present seat or upgrade
Potential.

Why is this so hard to see?

Relative seniority with seat protection, in this case, would be prohibited by Bond-McKaskill.

But you know that already.

Am I the only one that sees talk of "no guarantee of maintaining SWAPA's contract" talk while forgetting that we have negotiated 10% pay RAISES WITH RETRO in the past 18 months? To further raise the bar.

Gup

Check / Uncheck All

The ignore list just got two new additions tonight.
progress.gif

The problem with the Airtran deal is the watering down of the southwest seniority list with pilots from a B scale wage, crappy benefits and a sh!tty company to work for. It is like combining United with Skywest in terms of pay.

You made your own bed by working for a scumbag carrier led by maggot management. Better learn to deal with it or your head is going to get handed to you. Your not holding any cards.

You are obviously the most unhappy pilot on FI. How you managed to swallow your bile long enough to get through the interview is beyond me . . . What a way to live. Enjoy your heart attack, it's definitely coming. :erm:

Last edited:
You are obviously the most unhappy pilot on FI. How you managed to swallow your bile long enough to get through the interview is beyond me . . . What a way to live. Enjoy your heart attack, it's definitely coming. :erm:

For the record, -9Capt didn't say that. 400ADude did. The whole SLI debate is getting moot. The MC's will provide a SLI to vote on. If they can find a solution that a majority from both sides agree on great. If not it goes to arbitration and we get a result by 31 DEC. Then it's over. If the union's don't set an implentation date, the arbitrators do.

Latest resources

Back