Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IAH- thanks for the kind words. You are one of the good ones. I want to come see your boat sometime. The beer is on me brother! WDE!!!!!!!!

Anytime, and yes, I'll take you up on the beer offer since you make more money than I do ! Of course, a real man would offer to buy the fuel.......my dad made that mistake once, once that is.......

Fair enough.

Kwick may not have been cordial in his post, but have you read how condescending a lot of your group has been to our pilots? I think a lot of what is being written on these threads lately is more a reaction to attitude and a general lack of class (from both sides) rather than true beliefs in what may go down. Things will get better when we stop lobbing cheap shots at each other.

Last edited:
I've seen it. It has in fact caused me to become a real jerk in a lot of threads aimed at SWA. It wasn't until I realized an hour ago that I have no dog in this hunt anymore and that I have a few good friends at SWA that I decided to cut the crap. I hope the few that know who I really am don't take my pot shots and retorts as a shot at them personally. We are all just hauling passengers around chasing the same dollars. I hope this thing works out for all involved.

Very true ATLplt. I think some guys are just stirring the pot anyway. I may have just bitten off on it. All I can say is, the party over here is just going to get bigger. Let's make sure it get's better!

IAH- Who said we had to start it up. If I drink enough, I won't notice. I never took offense btw.

Everyone- we have a few on here who make it their life's work to come up with better flame bait than the next guy. Don't take them seriously. Picture a sinister smile and a can of Budweiser at the keyboard.

Purchased my first boat on lake Lanier back in 2003. Hauled it out to Lake Travis. After replacing 2 trailer tires and 2 of the 3 trailer axles along with my bumper on the truck I finally arrived only to find out that the gas gauge didn't work and I ran it out of gas on day 1. After getting a tow into my slip I decided to move up to a larger boat. This time a twin engine cruiser with (2) 454's and a generator and all the bells and whistles one would expect from a boat of this size. I'm at CAL by this time and named the boat "layover". My next door neighbor in the slip next to me is a SWA captain and had a similar boat(SeaRay Sundancer 340) named, get this, "Quick Turn". Of course we had random days off during the week and the other owners would always stop buy and see us hanging out on the dock drinking beer etc. on a Tuesday afternoon and comment about how we pilots didn't ever have to work etc.... haha. it got old but they never stopped. Anyway, I've done just about everything you can do wrong in a boat on this lake including ingesting other anchor lines into my port prop and slamming into a 50 foot Formula while I was down in the cabin making margarita's thinking I was holding firmly on the "hook" on a Fall day under windy conditions.....me and boats, bad mix

I like what I'm reading, mutual love and respect to you all! The Kharma Police isn't afraid to say he is getting misty eyed.......

It is just that most of them viewed their job as a stepping stone until the industry stopped and they had nowhere to go.

Before 9/11 SWA lost a lot of pilots to places like UAL/DAL etc.

There seems to be a lot of arrogance coming from the SWA pilots on this forum. We're all very impressed with your stellar contract but it wasn't always that great and history guarantees it won't always be.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back