• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA, Airline of the year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any SWA guys recommend leaving a legacy like United for SWA? For those reasons... primarily stability? Time off? (Arent you're lines more productive?)

No dude. You're confused. You're much more likely to be hired at SWA if you've got Alaska on your resume instead of United. It's the whole Pacific NW thing. SWA doesn't mind if you act like you're out of an episode of Portlandia. In fact they LUV it! Plaid wearing sh!thead coffee house misanthropes are more welcome at SWA than you average united type

Last edited:
SWA doesn't mind if you act like you're out of an episode of Portlandia. In fact they LUV it! Plaid wearing sh!thead coffee house misanthropes are more welcome at SWA than you average united type
Absolute proof positive that Flopgut is completely delusional about all things Southwest. Stick to analyzing something where you might actually have some insight rather than something that it is quite clear you know nothing about.

Any SWA guys recommend leaving a legacy like United for SWA? For those reasons... primarily stability? Time off? (Arent you're lines more productive?)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Absolute proof positive that Flopgut is completely delusional about all things Southwest. Stick to analyzing something where you might actually have some insight rather than something that it is quite clear you know nothing about.

Howie look at what this guy is asking here, and in his other thread. He wants to know if screwing over UAL would look better on his SWA app than screwing over Alaska. What a great airline applicant! My post was sort of an exaggeration because I would rather he not screw UAL. We have enough problems. Sorry if the exact comments hit a little too close to home for you;)

Read what things into it!? Between the two threads here's what we know: Upgrade not important, Prefers no international flying, DEN or SEA, wants to fly for SWA. Wants to know if screwing UAL or Alaska helps him more. Great guy... Again, where's he want to work? ;) (And Howie thinks I'm disparaging SWA pilot candidates:/)

How is that a bad thing? These boards are full of people that left one airline for another. SWA isnt hiring right now, but why turn down a major offer just to wait for your number one choice that may never call? It's not screwing over an airline-- it's having the flexibility (finally) to make important career choices.

Hey it's all good. Hope you end up where you want to be. You're sitting in a heck of a spot and most guys I know would grab one right now and be real happy. You're immediately interested in moving on, and that's a little weird. If your desire to fly for SWA transcends a 20 year upgrade, and the possibility of a great Alaska or United career, then more power to you. My advice: keep the letters/emails and all that. Pull it out in 30 years and see how you decision went.

Howie look at what this guy is asking here, and in his other thread. He wants to know if screwing over UAL would look better on his SWA app than screwing over Alaska. What a great airline applicant! My post was sort of an exaggeration because I would rather he not screw UAL. We have enough problems. Sorry if the exact comments hit a little too close to home for you;)

I commented on your thought that:

"SWA doesn't mind if you act like you're out of an episode of Portlandia. In fact they LUV it! Plaid wearing sh!thead coffee house misanthropes are more welcome at SWA than you average united type"

That's the reason I directly quoted that portion in my response. It shows how completely off base you are about ALL things Southwest! It points out how completely clueless you are in your beliefs about SWA. Specifically your thought that SWA prefers to hire misanthropes. Do you know the definition of that word? The truth is that a misanthrope is the antithesis of the type of person SWA would prefer to hire, showing how little you understand about the airline.

Do you know the definition of that word? The truth is that a misanthrope is the antithesis of the type of person SWA would prefer to hire, showing how little you understand about the airline.

Hmmmm. I don't know Howie... I don't think I'm far off really. It's basically someone who doesn't like people, but that's not adverse to having friends, sound right? I think you all do a good job of liking each other. (You also do a good job of capitalizing the word "people") But "people" outside SWA? Not so much. (They're just lowercase p "people") What's "warrior spirit" about? Warrior? Who are you at war with? Gmafb.

A good example of what kind of corporate citizen SWA has been is Houston. Your company's contributions/support/involvement have been near zero and you've used Hobby since day one. Behavior that suggests you are not a company of misanthropes is kind of lacking outside your own small group.

Latest resources

Back