• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA, Airline of the year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm. I don't know Howie... I don't think I'm far off really. It's basically someone who doesn't like people, but that's not adverse to having friends, sound right? I think you all do a good job of liking each other. (You also do a good job of capitalizing the word "people") But "people" outside SWA? Not so much. (They're just lowercase p "people") What's "warrior spirit" about? Warrior? Who are you at war with? Gmafb.

A good example of what kind of corporate citizen SWA has been is Houston. Your company's contributions/support/involvement have been near zero and you've used Hobby since day one. Behavior that suggests you are not a company of misanthropes is kind of lacking outside your own small group.
Again with your delusional ramblings. How exactly does the airline that doesn't like people outside of SWA consistently receive the fewest customer complaints?

And, as far as corporate citizenship is concerned, SWA receives awards in that area as well.

"Corporate Responsibility Magazine revealed its Best Corporate Citizens List, naming Southwest Airlines as a leader in the commitment to transparency and responsible business practices. As America?s leading voice on corporate responsibility, the Magazine formed its rankings from publicly available information in seven categories: environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, finance, and philanthropy."

As far as Houston specifically, the Texas Organizing Project poll of Houston residents found that 79% of residents polled favored the international expansion at Hobby with only 9% opposed and 12% undecided. Houston residents don't seem to echoe your sentiments about SWA or they wouldn't support their expansion.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but the facts don't support it.

How is that a bad thing? These boards are full of people that left one airline for another. SWA isnt hiring right now, but why turn down a major offer just to wait for your number one choice that may never call? It's not screwing over an airline-- it's having the flexibility (finally) to make important career choices.

Poor, flop is batsh/t nutz

Don't worry about it- you're thinking is good and absolutely what you should be doing.

If Ual or Alaska don't want to lose pilots to swa or delta or fedex or anyone then they ought to improve their contracts and company.

There is nothing wrong with improving your lot with the choices you have in front of you.
You are absolutely not screwing over any airline by doing what's best for you and your family.

What's funny is that the vast majority of united pilots no matter where they came from will support that- it shows management that they need to do better

Last edited:
No dude. You're confused. You're much more likely to be hired at SWA if you've got Alaska on your resume instead of United. It's the whole Pacific NW thing. SWA doesn't mind if you act like you're out of an episode of Portlandia. In fact they LUV it! Plaid wearing sh!thead coffee house misanthropes are more welcome at SWA than you average united type

SWA has hired former legacy pilots over the years. My buddy left Continental after being there for 5 years and he has been so much happier ever since. I don't personally know any former Alaska guys at SWA.

When I compared the first three years of income with a DL buddy who flew the 767ERs, i was surprised to find out he made 89K and I made 120K that previous year and I didnt even work very hard. Im sure things are different now, and these things will keep changing. I look for stability and pilot bases.

Just follow your heart. Where you want to live is huge. I really believe it when they say you won't know if you made a right choice until we retire and this applies to every single one of us. Good luck!!

I'd pile on, but you're stealing my dog on bubba flop- get your own material
The rumor around SWA is that the last round of hiring we lost 6 new hires to delta.
After 3 years of contract negotiations I say good-
Those are arrows in our quiver and dispel mgmt's idea that we're the be all end all and overpaid in aviation.
I'd welcome it anyway bc I think pilots should make the best choice for them, but it's never in any way screwing an airline.
You've said a lot of ridiculous things flop- this is the 10th dumbest. Which only goes toward saying just how dumb the other 9 were.

I agree with wavey....

If there were people leaving Delta, that's an asset when headed to negotiations. Sure, the airline may say "we have a stack of resumes THIS high!" but the demand for good pilots is outstripping the supply and every airline is worried about where their next class is coming from no matter what the paint job.

Just because somebody leaves an airline, its for personal reasons, not because they are stepping stones usually.

No $#*t. But, his posts are a great cure for insomnia. Zzzzzzzz.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ditto for the putz Jenny, shortest I've seen from her. Of course now she's posting again over on APC, which awhile back he denied posting there. Such a 'looser'!

Latest resources

Back