• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will say if you are 35-40 year of age and a mid level AT capt, you have had a major win fall. Just be humble and learn from the person that has been on property at SWA longer than you.
There aren't but a handful of those younger CA's here. The vast majority of CA's, including those in the junior range, are in their early- and mid-40's to late 50's. The junior CA's that were ratio'd in with your senior F/O's won't see a line for at least 10-12 years. Yes, they're seat protected, but approximately 5 out of 6 SWA F/O's who upgrade will be senior to them because of the ratio, which will keep the junior AAI CA's on reserve for a long time to come and they'll be the ones getting bounced from base to base as the staffing flexes seasonally.

Another thing to remember is that it will take nearly 3 years from now to integrate operations. Most of the fences are only in place for one year after that (4 years from this September), so in reality there's only a one year fence after full integration.

There are also some protections that aren't in the papers that leaked to you guys. That briefing was for AAI pilots and, therefore, was geared to point out the benefits and protections and didn't mention many of the things that benefit the SWA pilots. Since some of you have asked me not to comment further on the AIP, I'll simply say you should wait for the ENTIRE THING to come out with full language before you decide, then make up your mind.

I'm sure we'll have more information later this week or early the next.

Lear,

I thought it was a 10 year fence now you guys are saying it's only a 4 year fence? I guess I'm confused. If you don't want to post on here could you please PM me? Thanks.

So, one pilot group assumes it's superior to the other and demands a seniority advantage? I'll bet an arbitrator would level out the playing field somewhat.

Lear,

I thought it was a 10 year fence now you guys are saying it's only a 4 year fence? I guess I'm confused. If you don't want to post on here could you please PM me? Thanks.
The seat and equipment fence is 3 years (I got a phone call correcting me, 4 was initially passed around by some reps) and you're right, I misspoke (in a hurry out the door to drop off my son), the ATL fence and CA seat protections are 10 years.

If SWA grows as-planned, the 10-year CA "safety net" won't matter in 4-5 years anyway, as all the SWA's F/O's who are senior to them on the combined list will have upgraded.

Sorry for the confusion... :oops:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back