• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the leaks I have seen, I would rather get screwed by arbitration than have it done to me by my own company. My world isn't going to change much in any event, and I think we at SWA in the lower half of the seniority list have more to gain by holding out for the bloodbath.

Do you mean "Are current Captains going to continue to fly as Captains and current FO's continue as FO's?"

Oh, the horror!

Look, Fukstik, if I have been at SWA.... oh say 9 years, and some dude flying for you a couple of years less expects to make up to $400 a day more than me on the road while I do the walkaround and be happy about it, ain't happening. If you want your seat, keep your Airtran pay and relative seniority in Atlanta, I don't have a problem with that. I'm sayin these are the straws that broke the camels back. I couldn't give a flip what seat I sit in, I left the military because I couldn't care less about being in charge. I do care about the money, and your junior captains are getting a raise even if they go to the right seat. I'll remember your attitude with my vote.

Last edited:
Look, Fukstik, if I have been at SWA.... oh say 9 years, and some dude flying for you a couple of years less expects to make up to $400 a day more than me on the road while I do the walkaround and be happy about it, ain't happening. If you want your seat, keep your pay and relative seniority in Atlanta, I don't have a problem with that. I'm sayin these are the straws that broke the camels back.

Nice! I guess you got your Navy commission after Congress no longer mandated you be a "gentleman."

What would you be doing absent the merger? Doing the walkaround still? What changed?

Your estrogen level is awful high. Midol might help. :D

Yep that's a problem.

Look, Fukstik, if I have been at SWA.... oh say 9 years, and some dude flying for you a couple of years less expects to make up to $400 a day more than me on the road while I do the walkaround and be happy about it, ain't happening. If you want your seat, keep your Airtran pay and relative seniority in Atlanta, I don't have a problem with that. I'm sayin these are the straws that broke the camels back. I couldn't give a flip what seat I sit in, I left the military because I couldn't care less about being in charge. I do care about the money, and your junior captains are getting a raise even if they go to the right seat. I'll remember your attitude with my vote.
OOOOOHHHHHH you showed him...S N A P.

I liked the first version better where you're complaining about having to do a walk-around for a captain a couple years junior to you, that doesn't sound like a money issue.

BTW, don't you have an avoidance bid? ;)

When you do upgrade, that AirTran Captain will be junior to you, (and SWA F/O's lives will have gotten a little bit worse).

When you do upgrade, that AirTran Captain will be junior to you, (and SWA F/O's lives will have gotten a little bit worse).

Disclosure: I'm not an Airtran guy.

That said, it's amazing what some of these selfish, self-centered egotists that don't like to do walk-arounds leave out of the argument, isn't it!:rolleyes:

If it makes you feel better, I'll promise to buy you ice cream when we fly together.

Latest resources

Back