SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
still a bit confused Lear70...

so you say "seat" and equipment fence is 3 years but ATL fence and CA "seat" protection is 10 years. what does this mean? if you are a Airtran pilot who can hold ATL as a Captain you are going to keep that seat for a decade but if you can't hold ATL under your current system (MCO, MKE whatever base) you lose your seat in 3. Obviously you know I am a SWA pilot, I am just trying to figure out if all your current Captains are protected for 10 years, or just some subset.

Lear,
Where does the integration start? 93? below the current SWA captains?
PM me if you want. Thanks for the top secret info.

All agreed on but lets be clear this is an acquisition not a merger

Actually, let's be clear that the corporate acquisition has already taken place. Now what is happening is an operational merger. This is much the same as when Delta aqcuired NW and subsequently merged the operations. Have a nice day.

Oh Oh please tell us, tell us what the problem is oh please. Your are killing us all with your special info you have on PPrune.

Not on PPrune. I was simply referring to what has been posted on here (there's only a few pages of it). Good post however!

still a bit confused Lear70...

so you say "seat" and equipment fence is 3 years but ATL fence and CA "seat" protection is 10 years. what does this mean? if you are a Airtran pilot who can hold ATL as a Captain you are going to keep that seat for a decade but if you can't hold ATL under your current system (MCO, MKE whatever base) you lose your seat in 3. Obviously you know I am a SWA pilot, I am just trying to figure out if all your current Captains are protected for 10 years, or just some subset.

first off this is all rumor. Airtran captains seats are protected for 10 years. If they can't hold atl they will go where there are capt openings. If there are no openings they are back to the right seat, but they will have first rights to the next captain openings. Almost all captain slots due to growth and retirement will go to SWA FO's this is due to almost all airtran fo's being placed at the bottom of the list. As far as the 3 year equipment lock. If you are on the 717 you are stuck on the 717 for the next 3 years. when this is all done the 717 may have multiple bases.
Remember, these are all rumors as is everything lear70 is saying. Don't get to worked up. In a few week the facts will be release and then we can all make an informed decision.

It seems almost pointless to post anything on this topic, but I felt the need to say something, at least. I see no reason to be completely ugly and unprofessional to each other even when the official details come out and it is not what you want or expected. Doing so only adds to the stress and tension of this whole process that was initially played way up as "One Luv" and happy to have the AT crew members aboard. This acquisition was a decision at the corporate level and above the pay grade of anyone on this forum, most likely. It is shocking to see the level to which some pilots on both sides of the fence have lowered themselves to with the comments made. Someday you might have to share a cockpit with each other.

We all want the best for ourselves, our families, and our companies. Not every person is going to get what he or she wants out of this deal; seniority will be lost, upgrades delayed, bases changed, etc. We need to realize this and stop the hostile, negative vibes. Wait for the official SLI to come out and then take a good hard look at it, using your brain and not your emotions or ego. Think about what it is like for the pilots in the other group. Let's get this SLI done in a fair manner and move towards our common goals; both sides are on the verge of much bigger and better things with plenty of the rewards to go around in the future.

I certainly hope that there are more of you out there that feel this way. I am sure there are. Take the time to voice your opinion here.

Cheers to the future.

It seems almost pointless to post anything on this topic, but I felt the need to say something, at least. I see no reason to be completely ugly and unprofessional to each other even when the official details come out and it is not what you want or expected. Doing so only adds to the stress and tension of this whole process that was initially played way up as "One Luv" and happy to have the AT crew members aboard. This acquisition was a decision at the corporate level and above the pay grade of anyone on this forum, most likely. It is shocking to see the level to which some pilots on both sides of the fence have lowered themselves to with the comments made. Someday you might have to share a cockpit with each other.

We all want the best for ourselves, our families, and our companies. Not every person is going to get what he or she wants out of this deal; seniority will be lost, upgrades delayed, bases changed, etc. We need to realize this and stop the hostile, negative vibes. Wait for the official SLI to come out and then take a good hard look at it, using your brain and not your emotions or ego. Think about what it is like for the pilots in the other group. Let's get this SLI done in a fair manner and move towards our common goals; both sides are on the verge of much bigger and better things with plenty of the rewards to go around in the future.

I certainly hope that there are more of you out there that feel this way. I am sure there are. Take the time to voice your opinion here.

Cheers to the future.

Thank you. This is avery professional and mature post. I for one certainly appreciate it.

Air Tran pilots don't need to worry about this passing. I doubt if the SWA pilots will be willing to let a 10 year fence fly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back