• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can love an airline but be willing to strike for what you believe in. Everyone is different.

Thanks, Whataburger.

None of us wanted to strike, but after 6 years of negotiations, it became clear to 98% of our Pilots that we were not going to get the contract we deserved without taking it all the way. It was an unfortunate reality.

I think most of us feel we didn't get the contract we could have if it had gone to the mat, but the landscape changed when the merger was announced, and it was nearly impossible to keep the focus on negotiations after the announcement. . . . Worry about 12-18 months, or worry about the rest of your career? Obviously, emotions have been running high, and for a long time.

Last edited:
Thanks, Whataburger.

None of us wanted to strike, but after 6 years of negotiations, it became clear to 98% of our Pilots that we were not going to get the contract we deserved without taking it all the way. It was an unfortunate reality.

I believe in exhausting EVERY option before even saying the word "strike," but after 6 yrs...

...an unfortunate reality.

When we get done with all the bullcrap, it's going to be a good ride.

AAI/SWA will have 22% of the domestic market, that means more pricing power, more profits and more growth...AAI pilots wants to be treated fairly as do SWA pilots...GK wants to OWN the domestic market and he will need to grow the combined airline to do that....the combined pilot group will reap the benefits of this growth...we must also share the risk.

You can love an airline but be willing to strike for what you believe in. Everyone is different.

It's beyond me how anyone (except maybe the ex-Eastern you-know-whats) could claim to love , or even like, an airline who's mgmt has defined itself through a series of very nasty negotiations with nearly every labor group, wrongful terminations and suspensions, and promotion of discontent and infighting at every opportunity!

There just isn't much to love. That's why over 95% voted in favor of striking. It wasn't to save AAI, but to put an end to it!

The sooner SWA saves this group from these practices, the better!

Malibu....have you applied to swa or anywhere in the last 5 years....if it is so bad there, why have you not left?

Malibu....have you applied to swa or anywhere in the last 5 years....if it is so bad there, why have you not left?

I didn't want to buy the type rating.
I think many in this group felt like this AAI thing was the last attempt at a successful airline career. The outlook was promising after being hired, but once things started down this destructive path, there didn't seem to be an end in sight. My next step probably would have been to buy a Quizno's or SUbway.

"There is a list of around 75 guys on the Swapa forum that left Airtran to come over to SWA at the bottom."

They will be kicking themselves then. The arbitrator will not take that into account. That was their own choice to do that. Ooooops.

I here that some in your MEC/MC are discussing ways to give the former tranny's their AAI seniority back as part of an SLI deal. Apparently someone over there thinks an arbitrator would take it into account. I guess that would be one way to deal with those pilots' definition of career expectations.

"There is a list of around 75 guys on the Swapa forum that left Airtran to come over to SWA at the bottom."

I here that some in your MEC/MC are discussing ways to give the former tranny's their AAI seniority back as part of an SLI deal. Apparently someone over there thinks an arbitrator would take it into account. I guess that would be one way to deal with those pilots' definition of career expectations.

Still making shiz up?, nice!!!!

I hear SWAPA wants us to sacrifice our first born as a test of faith.

Latest resources

Back