• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It wasn't my question, please follow along, we can't slow the group down. And no complaints here, it's always a nice day here at Southwest Airlines.

Those guys with the stuck mic were sure complaining quite a bit.

Those guys with the stuck mic were sure complaining quite a bit.

I can only imagine the TV Station refrained from airing their thoughts on the acquisition. Wouldn't be family viewing.

The way our Union is set up is that people like PCL speak for me and I tell them what to say.

Hold up now! PCL doesn't purport to speak for anyone at AirTran but himself. Just want to be clear on that. :)

PCL, it is too late dude, you ran your mouth while in office, you didn't hide your position when it became apparent that you could not keep quite. You are either narcissistic, immature, or naive? Now saying you only speak for yourself is disingenuous. You are not very mature in the world of aviation, and not very professional representing ALPA on a public web board.

I would absolutely turn these quotes in to an arbitrator. He/she probably will wait 5 seconds before they laugh and then belch. Who cares?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Who cares? You obviously do. You took the time to comment on it.

Try to be constrictive GL. Quit wasting all of our time and yours for that matter.

PCL got fired from tranny pilots! Where is Ty?

Who cares? You obviously do. You took the time to comment on it.

Try to be constrictive GL. Quit wasting all of our time and yours for that matter.

Constrictive is exactly what gl is.

Just like new underwear. Only I hope he eventually does not become a part of me.

The culture is everything here, Family members come first,

Make this hard on GK and you will be left out of this game and it will be perfectly legal.

Statement from Thom McDaniel, president of Transport Workers Union Local 556:

"Flight attendants at Southwest Airlines are deeply disappointed and angered by the insensitive, and unprofessional comments demeaning flight attendants that were broadcast by a Southwest pilot over frequencies used by the FAA for air traffic control on March 25, 2011, revealed just yesterday.

"Southwest's flight attendants are highly respected by our customers for their skill, professionalism and customer service and expect that same respect from co-workers. We do important work and should not be demeaned by pilots, managers or anyone.

"We also are dismayed by the response from Southwest Airlines' management.

"The official response from Southwest's spokespeople and leaders has only added 'insult to injury.' Calling this broadcast a 'private conversation' cannot dismiss this incident. There is no place in our workplace for any conversation that demeans, insults and discriminates against other employees.

"Our Union is rooted in fighting for the rights and protections of working people, including forging the battles to end the prohibition of married women, pregnant women and men from serving as flight attendants and we will not go backward by accepting the behavior and speech of this pilot or any other employee. We are calling on Southwest Airlines to address this problem throughout our company, not as an isolated incident, but as a mandate that our workplace will be free from discrimination of all forms as a condition of continued employment.

"We have instructed our attorneys today to investigate the possibility of filing an EEOC charge with the federal government. We hope not to have to go that route, and instead, we are counting on Southwest Airlines to remedy this injustice. Bigotry in the workplace is bad business and unacceptable behavior on the ground and at 30,000 feet."

You do actually have a valid point Dicko. But come on man... you haven't ever talked sh!t about your F/As before? The only difference is, this guy got caught. OUCH! :bawling:

You do actually have a valid point Dicko. But come on man... you haven't ever talked sh!t about your F/As before? The only difference is, this guy got caught. OUCH! :bawling:

You are absolutely right and I'm impressed that you were open to the point I was trying to make.

SWAPA pilots are no better or worse than AirTran pilots. As a company and as a group, Southwest airlines is exceptional and unique.

Trying to vilify AirTran pilots or threaten them with GK's club is wrong. Right now I don't think we're on his mind. SWAPA's pilots definitely are ....

I'm a five foot two inch red head with hair like velcro. I never comment on FA's.

Latest resources

Back