• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty... Southwest has added well over 200+ jets in the last 10 years. You are smoking crack. Stop typing, you might have a new job title on the new combine list, if they ever combine them. You should have type - "you HOPE there will be no staple" You don't know $hit.

Go run your side business, you consider flying a part-time job anyway. You keep digging yourself a hole. Use your "mind filter" - I'm sure your Southwest buddy on "the other forum" is tired of defending your NONESENSE. Try to lay low (hint, hint) or drink heavy (like we do)

:cartman:

In other words, to an Arbitrator, it's not going to be brain surgery. There will be no staple.

It will most likely be a staple or it won't be an integrated list.

A staple affects the least amount of people, a staple would easily pass a vote by both pilot groups, and a staple is the absolute fairest integration method.

Sorry Ty, but nobody is feeling sorry about your massive pay raises and benefit gains you will make when you get stapled to the SWA list. Your buddy Lear70 was even begging for a staple right before SWA bought your airline.

Don't be so greedy.

Blah, Blah, threat, Blah, Blah, jealousy, Blah, Blah, threats.

Sorry, I'm only responding to facts from here on out. Not insults, not emotional crap, threats, etc.

I see you posted you added 200 jets in 10 years, or about a third of your fleet. Unfortunately, your only orders going forward were to replace -300's and -500's.

I see you posted you added 200 jets in 10 years, or about a third of your fleet. Unfortunately, your only orders going forward were to replace -300's and -500's.

Where have you seen this FACT? Source? Here is a fact: Tranny is FAT on Pilots.

Why would I be jealous of you. I am a SOUTHWEST Pilot. You are not. How do you like them facts?

You will with be below me on combined list, regardless of method used - if its voted or assigned by someone. More FACTS.

:cartman:

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm only responding to facts from here on out. Not insults, not emotional crap, threats, etc.

Orders going forward where for growth. Boeing has a big problem right now. For obvious reasons.

What has been interesting to me while lurking these few months is how really nothing has changed in the dialog.

Relative is fair vs staple is fair. If everything was actually equal shouldn't the extremes on both sides be which pilot group (AT and SWA) should be stapled to the bottom?

The truth by the consistent dialog of expectations is that the AT pilots think they are the ones getting a good deal and the SWA guys didn't want any deal at all.

My early engagement on this issue was the opinion that the AT guys would be worse off with arbitration than a negotiated SLI. And that holds true based on the terms of the Process Agreement between Swapa and SWA. If this goes to arbitration, all the cards are held by Swapa and zero by the AT pilots.

Now, I don't think a staple of AT pilots is fair in this situation, but in the long term, it could be better than arbitration that may keep the At pilots on the outside looking in for an unknown amount of time. Maybe forever. NO ONE knows the contingency plans are that only the SWA executives know with every eventuality. And there is no doubt, they have a plan based on 16,000 unhappy SWA pilots, flight attendants and mechanics. SWA has legally set up operating Airtran separately if need be.

But, I am an optimist. I think this will be settled and both companies will merge within the next five years.

Man oh man... I strongly suggest you ask the company to reconsider getting all new randomized employee numbers. It doesn't matter what side you are on or how the SLI works out for you, but your soon to be Green book Orange book situation (gripes and grudges) will always be there waiting on each flight release/sim event.. Don't say I didn't tell you (easily worth 100k that someone quoted before). Good luck out there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back