• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it makes you feel better Ty before I knew your name and September 27th I thought you were just weird because of your profile pic. Now you are just a pain, sitting on the sidelines carrying the flag that you are good enough, smart enough, and people like you.

Ty,

You've got a four page thread on the internal forum, complete with pictures and all. Do you really want to be "that guy"?

Pictures and all...of a guy who states his opinion on a stupid message, (more like entertainment), board? Some kind of great culture you guys have over there.

I don't remember a single negative remark towards anyone on the SWA side of the house on our internal board...even with the bad attitudes and threats we receive from all of you.

Pictures and all...of a guy who states his opinion on a stupid message, (more like entertainment), board? Some kind of great culture you guys have over there.

I don't remember a single negative remark towards anyone on the SWA side of the house on our internal board...even with the bad attitudes and threats we receive from all of you.

You should try to get hired somewhere else then. Don't comeover, I am sure you never wanted to be at SWA anyways.

You should try to get hired somewhere else then.
Nah, I like it here. I was fine on September 26th and will be fine in the future. Thanks for your concern though.

Don't comeover

There's no "coming over" about it. It's not under my control. I, as others from both sides, am waiting for my MC to work things out on my behalf. If I end up on the SWAPA list then I'll do my job to the best of my ability. If I stay a subsidiary pilot then I'll do my job to the best of my ability. It's pretty simple really, just not understanding the constant threats and mudslinging. For every Ty there's 10 just like him on the other side saying the same crap, albeit with a different spin. None of it helps any of us in the future.

I've been beating that drum since the beginning PCL-
I will accept it and move on.

Glad to hear it. Now you just need to convince your brethren to do the same.

Since we're talking hypotheticals again- what about you? If you shoot for the moon and this deal doesn't work out- what will you do? Breathe a sigh of relief that you can stay on at ALPA? Do you think FAPA leadership served their members appropriately?

Having not been involved in the FAPA/SWAPA talks, I don't know exactly what happened, so I have no idea whether the FAPA leadership served their members appropriately. I leave that to the FAPA members to decide after speaking to their reps.

As far as us "shooting for the moon," I'm not sure exactly what you think that is, but I know our MC, and I know they aren't the types to demand something that is unfair. Of course, your definition of "fair" is probably far different from ours. In the end, as I said, we'll live with whatever list is generated by either negotiations or arbitration. If you mean to imply some sort of threat by saying the "deal doesn't work out," then I have no intention of responding to threats. Suffice it to say that I don't know of any AirTran pilot who is concerned about the threats said by many SWA pilots here on FI. There is a Process Agreement, and it will be followed. Simple.

Where have you seen this FACT? Source? Here is a fact: Tranny is FAT on Pilots.

Once you get our scheduling - you will find you are overstaffed. Overstaffed about 227 ish. :confused:

Wrong. AirTran is currently severely understaffed. Once SWA marketing changes the schedule and the aircraft routings, airplanes will fly more than they currently do, requiring even more pilots.

Even his own (trannies) are telling him to shut up on their forum. My own tranny says "yeah, that guy is a piece of work"

No one has said anything about Ty on our internal message board.

Ty,

You've got a four page thread on the internal forum, complete with pictures and all. Do you really want to be "that guy"?

Gee, what a surprise. The SWAPA forum is filled with the radical, angry crazies, just like every other pilot union forum. I'm shocked. Really, I am. :rolleyes: I doubt Ty is too concerned about it.

Ty,

YIKES!, pictures of the guy?!?! I know you guys like to get naked in the cockpit but this bro-mance obsession with Ty is creepy.

Last edited:
No one has said anything about Ty on our internal message board.

Are you saying my tranny lies?

Latest resources

Back