Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then you haven't been around very long.

Bobby, I hope you are a better pilot than you are a propagandist. :laugh:

You just really need to start being rational. You just hit the lottery big time - we know it, you know it and everyone else knows it too. Don't risk pissing this opportunity away, because I'd bet that all of SWA from the BOD to the CEO on down will not jeopardize their culture for the sake of your greed. They will figure out a way to never include you in the SLI. They all win and you lose.

As you said, place your bets.

I don't think Ty is going to like being at Southwest. Some people just are never happy and I think this is the case here.

We have 7000 apps onfile of people that want to be here. People that would die to be in the trannies situation. "lucky" would be the word I would use.

Oh, they were joking? Riiiiight...

I don't know if they were or weren't . . . . . and it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

The only persons qualified to speak for AirTran pilots are ATN71 Officers and Executives . . . .

This has already been beaten to death, but three guys on an anonymous message board doesn't mean squat.

Just like Hose, Baghdad Bob and SWA/FOol don't mean squat. :laugh:

Last edited:
I don't think Ty is going to like being at Southwest. Some people just are never happy and I think this is the case here.

We have 7000 apps onfile of people that want to be here. People that would die to be in the trannies situation. "lucky" would be the word I would use.

Oh, Lord. . . . . It's pretty obvious why you're not part of the interview process. . . . . . :laugh:

Why don't you change your tune a bit Ty? I mean look at Lear70... I actually like reading his posts. I can tell he wants to be here. I'm not sure we have enough room here for your ego.

I think we are lucky if we get a fair shake with the SLI. I don't think being stapled is lucky. That's the only downside I see being bought by a company with a strong balance sheet and senior pilot group. The whole we are better than you thing was bound to be unavoidable. I accept that it is not possible for a SWA pilot to see this any other way other than their own.

I think we are lucky if we get a fair shake with the SLI. I don't think being stapled is lucky. That's the only downside I see being bought by a company with a strong balance sheet and senior pilot group. The whole we are better than you thing was bound to be unavoidable. I accept that it is not possible for a SWA pilot to see this any other way other than their own.

Why can't a job and a company be better w/o the people involved being compared?
I've said it before- don't find yourself on the Swapa list whether stapled or integrated by any means and think you're not lucky. You are. As am I. None of us are bigger than SWA.

7000 applicants for 100 positions who will be forever stapled to the bottom of ALL of us, ought to tell you this.

Why can't a job and a company be better w/o the people involved being compared?
I've said it before- don't find yourself on the Swapa list whether stapled or integrated by any means and think you're not lucky. You are. As am I. None of us are bigger than SWA.

7000 applicants for 100 positions who will be forever stapled to the bottom of ALL of us, ought to tell you this.

I think that's a great question. I tried goggling most admired companies and google completed the search for me after i merely typed "most ad". SWA ranks 4th in the world according to Fortune. That's not even against other airlines, that's including ALL major corporations. So without a doubt it is a an honor that SWA bought AirTran. But I don't think it is fair to factor in the pilots to that argument because we are "widgets" in the equation. Once we are hired we have seniority numbers and our advancement is based on that number and not "performance". Imagine if our seniority was evaluated yearly based on our individual on time performances and fuel consumption per leg! Every airline has thousands of applicants for few jobs, it is the nature of the industry. Post 9/11 AT had over 10,000 applicants. When I was job hunting I had my resume in a at least 6 major airlines, make that ALL the majors that were hiring. So SWA bought my airline, I think that is a different ball of wax than being hired off the street. It doesn't make me any less appreciative of the company signing my paycheck or less appreciative of the culture they developed and maintained. Which is the best in the industry. From everything I have read, Corporate SWA is really taking a really positive approach to integrating AT. So we are already getting a glimpse of what you already know. It's just that at the end of the day I think we are both pilots, ATP, type one each and need to respect we ended up at the same place via different paths. You are going to say my path was easier (even though I never sent SWA my app thanks to the terrorists). I suppose thats why there is a process agreement, merger committee and even arbitrators. Because there is no realistic way for either side to say what is fair all on thier own.

I think we are lucky if we get a fair shake with the SLI. I don't think being stapled is lucky. That's the only downside I see being bought by a company with a strong balance sheet and senior pilot group. The whole we are better than you thing was bound to be unavoidable. I accept that it is not possible for any pilot to see this any other way other than their own.

Fixed it for you. :D

. . . . So without a doubt it is a an honor that SWA bought AirTran. But I don't think it is fair to factor in the pilots to that argument because we are "widgets" in the equation. Once we are hired we have seniority numbers and our advancement is based on that number and not "performance". Imagine if our seniority was evaluated yearly based on our individual on time performances and fuel consumption per leg! Every airline has thousands of applicants for few jobs, it is the nature of the industry. Post 9/11 AT had over 10,000 applicants. When I was job hunting I had my resume in a at least 6 major airlines, make that ALL the majors that were hiring. So SWA bought my airline, I think that is a different ball of wax than being hired off the street. . . . . ..

Very well put. I couldn't agree more. . . . . If we were going to be be bought, I'm glad it was SWA, :D but to imply, as many SWA guys have, that we should be grateful to just walk away from our investment and start over at the bottom is ridiculous. We're not filling a vacancy, we're bringing the jobs with us. Don't like the jobs we're bringing? Think they're beneath you somehow? Don't bid 'em. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back