• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 6 April Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've unoffically heard there will be 2 classes in April, albeit smaller than normal classes probably....I believe the first one will be 6 April but again they won't be making calls for those classes if past history is any indication until 2-3 weeks prior...still early to hear anything "officially"....caveat as always, things change & class dates can come & go....personally I would think things would appear as if hiring needs to slow a little but again the push maybe is to insure we have plenty of pilots available for the always hard to man summer months when vacations always are their highest....for that to occur we need people trained by May so with the bulge in hiring early on & continued slow growth in the spring that will allow no stretch of the scheduling system in the summer months....removing stress for everyone.....downside is that flying time maybe tougher to get for those who are use to living off the open time, extra fly, VJA food trough (guilty as charged)....I'm sure we'll all make ends meet though:rolleyes: !!!! Good luck & have a great weekend,

I Interviewed Sept 23 and currently on file with The PD at SWA as needing a 2 week notice, for a class date. Only reason I have a lot of vacation coming to me At my current employer, anyhow should I change it to 1 week or something. What is the minimum time frame SWA will give someone to attend class? I really don't want to miss the next class but at the same time don't want to burn any bridges. What has been there past history of notice to class dates???

How does SWA integrate pilots not available for class when their interview group is given a class? Thanks, Old School

Latest resources

Back