SWA 6 April Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
commode Air said:
I Interviewed Sept 23 and currently on file with The PD at SWA as needing a 2 week notice, for a class date. Only reason I have a lot of vacation coming to me At my current employer, anyhow should I change it to 1 week or something. What is the minimum time frame SWA will give someone to attend class? I really don't want to miss the next class but at the same time don't want to burn any bridges. What has been there past history of notice to class dates???

Kim U. told me they give a month's notice no matter the person.

commode Air said:
I Interviewed Sept 23 and currently on file with The PD at SWA as needing a 2 week notice, for a class date. Only reason I have a lot of vacation coming to me At my current employer, anyhow should I change it to 1 week or something. What is the minimum time frame SWA will give someone to attend class? I really don't want to miss the next class but at the same time don't want to burn any bridges. What has been there past history of notice to class dates???

You're kidding, right? You'll give up significant seniority with Southwest in order to snag the vacation you've accumulated with your present employer.

Maybe you should be thinking about the future. Are you sure you want EVERYBODY to see what kind of commitment you're willing to make to Southwest.

What's next? Well, I'd like to start training at Southwest, but I've got tickets to this really neat opera, and I don't want to miss it.

Ridiculous.

Dave Siegel said:
You're kidding, right? You'll give up significant seniority with Southwest in order to snag the vacation you've accumulated with your present employer.

Maybe you should be thinking about the future. Are you sure you want EVERYBODY to see what kind of commitment you're willing to make to Southwest.

What's next? Well, I'd like to start training at Southwest, but I've got tickets to this really neat opera, and I don't want to miss it.

Ridiculous.

Your ridiculous, DS, as usual. The guy is asking a legitimate question, got the answer he needed, and you pounce on him! I'm sure if he was given 1 week notice, he wouldn't decline -- it's good, like he said, to have the opportunity to give two weeks notice to your current employer. No matter who it is, or how shi++y they are, they helped him to get to this point.

Siegel,

There are may good reasons one could have for passing on a class date (especially for those with families). Desiring to give your present employer proper notice is a trait of the kind of person that SWA, among others, wants to hire. Seniority is important, but, one class is not worth sacrificing your reputation and conscience. If seniority is all that matters, fly 999:59 every year and eat nothing but ramen noodles until you can buy the type.

Commode,

They won't call you short-notice unless someone drops out of a class before start or they decide last-minute to increase class size. It is totally understandable if you can't accept a last-minute invite.

CR

Pinch52 is a friend of mine that posted this thread for me since I was having trouble getting my account activated. I interviewed on 24 June, Continue call in late July and now just anxiously awaiting the call from a chief pilot. Just wondering if anyone else out there had gotten a call for the 6 April F/O class?

24 Jun???? You should have had a class by now. They're on the last week in Sep. I'm assuming you weren't available due to retirement/separartion??? If not, you better call them!!!

True story:

An AF guy was called for a class in july or august 2001. He had leave, so he asked to slide to the next class. PD said ok. The next class was turned out to be in the fall of 03. I bet that guy would tell you to NEVER pass up a class! ;)

Siegal,

The reason I was asking the question was really to see how much notice there going to give the people in the next class and how much notice they have given to people in the past. I thought by now since it's basically 4 weeks to April 6th that calls were going to go out. Of course If SWA calls me at 4:30 AM and asks If I can make todays class I'm gonna get my butt to Dallas If I have to walk. Senority is everything, My present employer really won't care, and screw the vacation time (6 grand), But It would be nice to Go to dallas with 6grand If I could, but If I can't oh well.

and yeah one of the reasons why I'm going to SWA in the first place is b/c my chief gave me such a good recommendation, that's the reason I don't want to burn any bridges..

GivvitF16....Sorry to have mislead you or anyone else. Yes, I interviewed in June 04 but I retire from active duty in later this month, so the first class I am eligible for is 6 April.

KR35,

That's what I thought. Just checking!!:) I'll probably be there at the end of April??? Oct 12th interview.

Givvit

Latest resources

Back