SWA 2006 New Hire Pilot Demograhpics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read the rest of my post...it was just a friendly joke, geeeze

26 is pretty young. Wonder how he/she pulled that off.

I have a few friends that got hired at SWA at 26-28 years old. A few of them just got lucky with the 1000 PIC turbine by upgrading at their commuter at 1-1.5 years. They got their type and got hired with around 4500 TT.

Last edited:
All in all, there are some very solid, outstanding civ guys I've trained with. But SWA/FO is "that guy" that gives civilian guys a bad name. I do take that sh*t seriously, because he is the reason why we have that rift going between the civ/mil thing.:puke:

Did you ever think that maybe you are "that guy" that gives all military guys a bad name?:)

I am in the penalty box

Interviewed with more than the minimum, typed with 121 PIC. The interview made me want SWA more than before. I keep the faith and just keep building time. You never know what the P.D. looks for, but persistance can't hurt.

Goodluck Everyone SWA is the place to be

It's well known that SWA is very military friendly.

Oh really? SWA might be a military friendly employer as a whole, but according to my sources and compared to other 121 carriers, it is not military friendly toward guard/reserve pilots - despite the flight ops self-promotion that you might hear. Ask a DAL guy for example about the process to drop a trip to work for the military and compare it to SWA. Or, SWA's "unofficial" ( because it would violate USERRA) one trip drop per month policy.

Maybe there is a reason SWA is hiring more civilian than military these days. Would also be illegal, but they don't have to say why the monthly hiring list is what it is.

I'm sure the military haters will jump in now to claim all us part time military guys scam the system, but I'd like them to try doing both jobs for a few months to see how it works out.

Goodluck Everyone SWA is the place to be

thats the fact jack!

Civilians (in most cases) are unable to fly on the side to make $ or secure a retirement plan. Military guys are just workin' their plan. Nothing wrong with working a plan.

Oh really? SWA might be a military friendly employer as a whole, but according to my sources and compared to other 121 carriers, it is not military friendly toward guard/reserve pilots - despite the flight ops self-promotion that you might hear. Ask a DAL guy for example about the process to drop a trip to work for the military and compare it to SWA. Or, SWA's "unofficial" ( because it would violate USERRA) one trip drop per month policy.

Don't know about DAL, but I fill out the online form and my trip goes away. It seems pretty easy to me. I've never heard of the one trip policy, I've dropped more many times without incident.

That said, I have heard some bases CP's have been leaning on the new hires not to drop too many trips. Guess that's the reason they stopped having the CP's deal with mil drop.

some are scammers.....

As for the age thing. The class that started today, there are 4-5 that are under the age of 30, the youngest being 27.

Latest resources

Back