• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 2006 New Hire Pilot Demograhpics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know about DAL, but I fill out the online form and my trip goes away. It seems pretty easy to me. I've never heard of the one trip policy, I've dropped more many times without incident.

That said, I have heard some bases CP's have been leaning on the new hires not to drop too many trips. Guess that's the reason they stopped having the CP's deal with mil drop.

I think you are misinformed if you don't think the CP's deal with the mil drop. Ask your chief sometime to see if the secretary just forwards the form to scheduling and the trip goes away or if every trip drop goes thru a chief or asst. chief before it gets to scheds. That is the first difference.

Also, when does your trip go away so you can plan your life? Immediately? Or if you don't do it shortly after your lines come out in the middle of the month prior, does the trip not go away until a week or so prior? And, why the big online form each month?

Anyway, your trip gets dropped, you do your mil just the same in the end - but SWA is not the easy mil leave place they profess it to be.

One trip drop company policy is straight from the mouth of one of your chiefs - SWA is your primary job and that is what flight ops thinks is "fair". Congrats on not getting the call.

I think you are misinformed if you don't think the CP's deal with the mil drop. Ask your chief sometime to see if the secretary just forwards the form to scheduling and the trip goes away or if every trip drop goes thru a chief or asst. chief before it gets to scheds. That is the first difference.

Also, when does your trip go away so you can plan your life? Immediately? Or if you don't do it shortly after your lines come out in the middle of the month prior, does the trip not go away until a week or so prior? And, why the big online form each month?

Anyway, your trip gets dropped, you do your mil just the same in the end - but SWA is not the easy mil leave place they profess it to be.

One trip drop company policy is straight from the mouth of one of your chiefs - SWA is your primary job and that is what flight ops thinks is "fair". Congrats on not getting the call.

Your info is outdated. There is a retired captain in DAL that deals with all mil drop now. Don't know his name because I've never had to talk to him. I've been here for four years and have never had an issue, but as I mentioned before I know that some CP's were leaning on the new guys not to drop too much.

We have twenty some CP's and ACP's. Some are more mil friendly than others, so the company went to a central contact point to eliminate any inconsistency.

Anyone got any info on the average times for those without types? Currently sitting at 6000TT with 2600 PIC. Wondering if I am getting close?? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back