• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 2006 New Hire Pilot Demograhpics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MIL or CIV doesn't matter. Some people are just A$$holes. Every airline has them, that token 10%. Somehow they slip through the interview process.

Very true. And if my man SWA/FO's comments set you off the edge you just failed the test, thanks for playing see you next time. :rolleyes:

I believe that they classify military as current, those numbers may increase with slightly if an applicant has been out for a while. As for my class there were more civilians, and the youngest was 28, a Gulfstream IP.

Well only because we've got jerks like SWA/FO to cause issues. All in all, there are some very solid, outstanding civ guys I've trained with. But SWA/FO is "that guy" that gives civilian guys a bad name. I do take that sh*t seriously, because he is the reason why we have that rift going between the civ/mil thing.:puke:

I love serving my country and flying military aircraft (as does every other mil flyer on the planet). He's the f**king clown that will never know the pride of serving your country/wearing the uniform and probably babbles about his hatred toward our military throughout an entire 4 day. I'll throw 5 bucks down on a bet he probably got burned/turned down by the military sometime in his sorry past.

What "rift"? Only on this board when you guys take the bait hook, line and sinker. SWAFO is surely having a good laugh along with many others.

Stop biting and the fishermen will go home.

Well only because we've got jerks like SWA/FO to cause issues. All in all, there are some very solid, outstanding civ guys I've trained with. But SWA/FO is "that guy" that gives civilian guys a bad name. I do take that sh*t seriously, because he is the reason why we have that rift going between the civ/mil thing.:puke:

I love serving my country and flying military aircraft (as does every other mil flyer on the planet). He's the f**king clown that will never know the pride of serving your country/wearing the uniform and probably babbles about his hatred toward our military throughout an entire 4 day. I'll throw 5 bucks down on a bet he probably got burned/turned down by the military sometime in his sorry past.

Go take a Valium and chase it with bourbon. Chill out cowboy.

My observations

Just out of curiosity, how many guys are getting the interview without the type rating?

Thanks

I interviewed on 17 Jan. Out of my group of 14 only two were military and only three of us had the type. This is not a slam against the civilian guys, but I was surprised at how sloppy most of them looked when they showed up for the interview. What I saw was sloppy suits, guys needing haircuts and sloppy paper work. One guy told me he was there to interview the company to see if he wanted to work for them. One interviewer asked me if I was military when we entered the interview room and when I responded "how did you know" she stated the military guys were usually a cut above the rest. She cited my appearance and my paperwork being typed instead of handwritten.

These are just my observations from my interview group. I am not implying this is the norm. I know several regional guys who are very sharp and have been hired by SWA. The point of this post is if you are lucky enough to get the call for an interview, don't blow it! Get a haircut and make sure your suit fits. Also, take the time to type your paper work and do a little bit of research about the company. If you want to know how to type the paperwork in .pdf PM me.

Good luck to all next week!

I interviewed on 17 Jan. Out of my group of 14 only two were military and only three of us had the type. This is not a slam against the civilian guys, but I was surprised at how sloppy most of them looked when they showed up for the interview. What I saw was sloppy suits, guys needing haircuts and sloppy paper work. One guy told me he was there to interview the company to see if he wanted to work for them. One interviewer asked me if I was military when we entered the interview room and when I responded "how did you know" she stated the military guys were usually a cut above the rest. She cited my appearance and my paperwork being typed instead of handwritten.

Look...this isn't just relegated to one group of pilots. In my interview group, a friend of mine interviewed with me here 12 years ago. AFA grad, former C-141 Stan/Eval...sharp guy. But...showed up at the interview woefully unprepared...but looking good. Biggest problem?...Paperwork wasn't in order...and was nonchalant about it.

The little stuff means alot...

Mutual friends of ours were absolutely shocked that he wasn't hired. I wasn't.

Tejas

You guys are a sensitive bunch. I find it very funny.
You made my day. I got your SWA spirit right here. :laugh:

My advice would be to study up on your radio work, Jepp charts & FAR/AIM. Bombing $hit has nothing to do with airline flying or IFR flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back