SWA 2006 New Hire Pilot Demograhpics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJ Captain at 23

and HE is a great guy. Hard worker, smart, got an early start on his career, typed well before he had his 1300 hours, heavily involved in his previous company.

If you get called for the interview, you are qualified to work at SWA. You just make your own bed once you get it.

I think you might not be telling the whole story if you are who I think you are. Did your dad work for SWA? Everyone liked Ed.
I am not who you think I am...Easy is a great guy and his offspring (all 3) are definately their fathers sons.
After reading my post again I realize how anti regional it sounds...I tryed to edit again...guess it only lets you edit once. Sorry Regional Airline guys and gals!!! To the point I was trying to make and failed miserably at:
There are many paths...I know we hire all kinds of guys and gals from all segments of the industry (I think this is a great thing). However...as far as civilians go I think that many people once out of college are overly focused on going to a regional airline. There are many other ways to get the time SWA requires. I was one of those guys doing everything I could to get to a regional. I went to one...three weeks later...the worst happened...(9/11)...and I was out on the street. I was one of the lucky ones that found one of those alternate routes and it worked out great.
The reason I posted what I did was is because many folks who will read this thread are searching for their own path...I thought I could help.
While flying freight is one way, as stated above, there are several ways (eg Fracs, Corporate, etc)
Again...sorry if i offended anyone by my previous statement....If you read my previous posts you will see I am not a flame baiter.
Good luck to all trying to get here...its a great place with wonderful people.

Well only because we've got jerks like SWA/FO to cause issues. All in all, there are some very solid, outstanding civ guys I've trained with. But SWA/FO is "that guy" that gives civilian guys a bad name. I do take that sh*t seriously, because he is the reason why we have that rift going between the civ/mil thing.:puke:

I love serving my country and flying military aircraft (as does every other mil flyer on the planet). He's the f**king clown that will never know the pride of serving your country/wearing the uniform and probably babbles about his hatred toward our military throughout an entire 4 day. I'll throw 5 bucks down on a bet he probably got burned/turned down by the military sometime in his sorry past.

OMG man!! Shut the F*ck up.

Plus they will hire without a college degree, because they know it has nothing to do with flying an airplane or how you interact with people.

I nominate this thread for "pursefight of the year". Freight vs. Pax. Civil vs. Military. College vs. No college.

I really respect the black panty-wearers, but I myself would only ever wear red lacey panties. Because they're better.

Should I wear my leather flight jacket to the interview? I just bought a Be-Dazzler last week and put some bitchen rhinestones on the shoulders. I look like freakin MacArthur wearing that thing now.

One of the things that I have enjoyed in my short time here is the diversity of the pilot group. Military, civilian, corporate, regionals, fracs, what ever. They even hire a few ex crop dusters. The point is that there are many, many ways to get the time to come here. The path taken makes each pilot unique and adds to the group. However you get here, it is a great place.

Good question TC...I think there were only 39% mil folks applying because they realized they'd have to listen to civilian clowns like SWA/FO talking about how challenging his cat II ILS's are or how sweet he looks in his skechers.
What is a "skecher"??

Latest resources

Back