Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW places firm order for 150 737 Max, announced this morning (12-13-2011)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They could always place an order for another aircraft. If they are serious about South America/Europe then at least a 757/767/787 is in order. If no expansion across the equator or across the pond then you are correct.

Where are the 787s Redflyer? Your international dreams may be waning. Is it "waning" outside? 737max to Hawaii? That's tight.

Godspeed!

OYS

Your right OYS, it looks like Southwest will never do international at this point. Please keep counting us out.

I have heard SWA is retrofitting and strengthening some of the -300s or -500s through heavy maintenance and that they are planning on keeping some of these aircraft. Any truth to this? If so, how many?

Would this order be in addition to what is on file? I don’t think this is a conversion from the NG to the MAX with a net zero gain in airframes previously ordered.
SWA has quite a number of aircraft on order/option status.

Would this order be in addition to what is on file? I don’t think this is a conversion from the NG to the MAX with a net zero gain in airframes previously ordered.
SWA has quite a number of aircraft on order/option status.

I think I read somewhere in the article they now have 350 frames being delivered between now and 2024. It also says they will retire 288 classics and 717s in the same time.

Latest resources

Back