Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just thinking, what if Frank Lorenzo really is Frank Lorenzo :confused:

Ha!

I gotta admit that I enjoy Frank's posts. An unwavering ray of cynicism which never fails to make me smile. Probably not the real "Frankie Smooth Talk" but entertaining nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm happy for the SW guys

Last edited:
Great job SWA....

Believe it or not, there are some people happy for you, unlike the usual jealousy that gets spewed on here. To get a raise on the head of a recession, is remarkable....

Watch that scope though....us Delta pukes let that camel under the tent and we pay for it many contracts later.....

On a funny note, Jumpseated the other day and heard the inbound crew meet the outbound crew on the jetway......"Dude, good Jet, it even has autothrottles, pretty cool...." (I know why it's a big deal, I just found it funny...)

Great! Now AirTran is going to demand SWA -70%
Yeah. What are the new SWA FO rates so AirTran Captains can tell their negotiators what to shoot for? Sad, but true.

Yeah. What are the new SWA FO rates so AirTran Captains can tell their negotiators what to shoot for? Sad, but true.

Count jetblue in on that one as well, current 9th year pay for A320 CA is a whopping 8 bucks more than 9th year SWA FO:crying:

Last edited:
Respectfully...What about SLC to YVR?

That'll probably happen, originally they hinted that with the "Open Skies" that will be coming to the US was that a pax could fly on west jet from YVR to den, then onto LAS. Never touching a SWA plane, it's still possible for a pax to go from YVR to LAS ok west jet, change planes to Volaris and then fly to Mexico. That will have to be looked at how it was addressed in the new contract.

It was interesting the exchange that took place between our union president and the CEO of Volaris. Apparently the CEO said that we couldn't do that flying, most of us had never even heard of Volaris before the codeshare announcement.

Have to see the fine print and read between the lines, at least half the guys here worked at a previous Major or Commuter and know where this stuff leads!

I think we're all for the company making money (we still get profit sharing, although it will be smaller for 2008) but not at the expense of jobs or job security!

Later,
KBB

Latest resources

Back