• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Super senior Regional Airline pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys think 81 and 79 are senior. sh1t when I was at Allegheny 79 did even get you off reserve in ABE or MDT some months.

Cool.... you flew a 4 engine jet.. at a regional! Bad a$$my friend, bad a$$.

WestAir (pre ACA) flew them, along with BIZEX and ASEA also.

Why does the BAC jet/Avro have 4 engines? Because they couldn't fit 6.

4 on 3 off... dang that sux... I asked b/c at ACA the top senior guys would bid nothing but turns, home every night. wasn't sure if all airlines had those.

A lot of senior guys used to bid the standups also. Especially in the summer. The pay credit vs. how little you worked and how much you were home was too good to pass up for being able to spend the day with their kids.

4 on 3 off... dang that sux... I asked b/c at ACA the top senior guys would bid nothing but turns, home every night. wasn't sure if all airlines had those.

Yep-

I remember a time when we had those.... We even had 3 on 4 off for the top 150 or even 200 line holders. We had lots of stand-ups, etc etc....

-Seems like a long, long time ago-back before our collective tater was stretched.

Up until a few years ago the most senior pilot at SkyWest, Earl Snow, was basically the first pilot at SkyWest. I think he put in at least 30 years and that whole time he was number 1. He held various management positions as well. I never got to fly with him but did talk to him in the crew lounge a few times and he was a nice guy. He retired early and from what I heard did really well financially with his shares of SkyWest stock. The current number 1 pilot at SkyWest has been there 35 years if I'm not mistaken.

A quick check of an old CMR seniority list shows 5 pilots with more than 30 years, 61 with more than 25, and 268 with more than 20 years. The list I'm looking at is 4 years old, but barring medicals and early retirements those numbers should still be pretty close.

I should have known better than try to honestly answer a question on this C-F of a site.

...and let that be a lesson to you! Logic and reasoning have no place here.

As far as I'm concerned, FI should have a 4 drink minimum.

Latest resources

Back