• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SunCountry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love your spin General. You should run for Congress.

"You and the company both agree there are too many RJ's." Now that's funny right there!

Keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you sleep better.

I think the COMPANY thinks there are too many 50 seaters but would like to replace them with 70+ seaters.

Enjoy your RJ's..

You asked if we were addressing the RJ problem, and I said we were. You can't just park them all overnight (although I would like to--50 seaters that is---we may need some of the 76 seaters on certain routes). We can ALL see now that the 50 seaters are inefficient, even our top brass (RA was quoted in the last conference call stating he was going to get rid of 100 more in 2-3 years, including all of the props) You said we were paid the same flying INTL and DOM, which I stated was incorrect. There is a difference, in both hourly pay and perdiem. What else can I state? I debunked a lot of what you said was true. Also, I added that even our food is better on our INTL flights. The stews usually come up with a menu before we push (and it sometimes has pictures of the entres)---and ask for our choices. It is pretty nice. Would I trade that for some higher pay? Well, we will be working on that issue as soon as we can--initial contract talks start next year. In the meantime, the hot fudge sundaes are really good.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Seriously General.

I make over 40 bucks an hour more than your topped out 737 Captain. Why don't you spend your energy doing something about that, instead of you guys continually dragging down the industry. :pimp:

Your rate is thanks to us. You can try to say otherwise, but it is true. Your current rate will help us during our next negotiations, and when that is over let's take a look at this again. I love your "you guys CONTINUALLY dragging down the industry" comment. We raised the bar for everyone, and you know that. I hope you NEVER have to go through a corporate CHAP 11 proceeding. Oh yeah, that was OUR fault too........

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yep General, hourly rate went up!
Still flying 85-88hrs permonth,...however, our old contract paid overtime above 80 hours at time and a half. Delta just doesn't cut it there. :)

And you are correct. I kept my pension. A 1995 hire at NWA I have a whopping $3200.00 per monthly when I turn 65. I believe that I would fare better with the PBGC settlement that Delta gave you, considering that our pension is a fixed payment with no cost of living increases.
Didn't Delta also payout about 150,000 per pilot to settle the pension issue?

Remember who is in charge now. Your manangement. And, we did get some pay, a smaller amount to settle the pension issue and some money for BK concessions, but they were all taxed at 40% or more. Will your future pension be taxed that high? Anytime you get anything in a lump payout, it is taxed heavily. That makes a large difference. Also, let's hope we get some of the things you had (time and a half after 80 hours) in our next contract. I for one am happy that we have some of your cobras on our side this time, it hopefully will shore up our negotiation strategy with LM incharge.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

How many RJ's does Delta have flying for it TODAY? How about Northwest? All of them - not just "owned."

Gup

Cobraair is correct, way too many. It is even worse now that we merged with NWA, but it could have been the same had you merged with F9---you would have suddenly had some smaller planes and a lower payscale to deal with. It is something you would have adapted to, but nevertheless it would have meant a new thing to deal with. I don't know the exact number, but it is being reduced on the 50 side. I don't mind RJs to certain cities that cannot sustain a mainline jet, but when they fly against LCCs, it is a losing battle. We still need feed from smaller communities (that is our model, yours is different), and again some RJs are inevitable for us, but saturation at the hubs is too much, and RA knows it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This thread has taken quite a swing away from SunCountry, and become an absurd discussion of DAL's RJ operation. I have never posted before, but I have to ask, What do we care? Obviously, the DAL pilots like it, because they let the RJ's in!!!
The "General", is obviously TEXAPHOBIC, and one can only wonder, what awful things happened to this poor guy in LBB, that he just cannot drop!!!! It's great that one Int'l leg per day as a F.O. is what he wants vs. a Domestic Capt. flying multiple legs per day. To each his own. We've heard it-- move on-- or get some help with your little man complex! So, is there any pertinent info. out there regarding SunCountry? Or, is time to let this and the recurring Frontier B.S go? Just had to ask. Fly Safe!

Sun Country

We also heard that SWA might buy SCA. These rumors have been flying around for years. I've been at SCA for over 18 years, and am hopeful that we can find a honest and financially strong buyer for our airline.
Did I say honest and financially strong???
Although we are only 8-10 aircraft fleet, we are poised to make a profit for 2009. We should have our ETOPS proving runs completed before Thanksgiving. I hope we can make some serious cash with the ETOPS certificate.
Sun Country makes most of their money being a niche carrier, and thats OK. We have been around for over 25 years!!! I've heard from my fellow pilots over the years that we will never make it and will go under. Well, were still around. Who knows what will happen, but if a carrier like SWA bought Sun Country...WHY? It seems reading most of the previous posts, we the pilots would not make out that well.

Crossing my fingers....

We also heard that SWA might buy SCA. These rumors have been flying around for years. I've been at SCA for over 18 years, and am hopeful that we can find a honest and financially strong buyer for our airline.
Although we are only 8-10 aircraft fleet, we are poised to make a profit for 2009. We should have our ETOPS proving runs completed before Thanksgiving. I hope we can make some serious cash with the ETOPS certificate.
Sun Country makes most of their money being a niche carrier, and thats OK. We have been around for over 25 years!!! I've heard from my fellow pilots over the years that we will never make it and will go under. Well, were still around. Who knows what will happen, but if a carrier like SWA bought Sun Country...WHY? It seems reading most of the previous posts, we the pilots would not make out that well.

Crossing my fingers....

I for one, see a lot of value for WN with SunCountry. An immediate impact at MSP. Lots and lots of people, sick of NWA and being price gouged. Combine the Humphrey Terminal, SCA Pax, ETOPS 800's, with WN's under utilized fleet, there could be an instant growth of the Airline through Mexico the Caribbean, as well as other destinations. To me it could be a win win situation. The possible end of stagnation, at WN, and long term job security for a great group at SCA. The process doesn't have to be ugly, but can benefit all, if handled right. I hope it works out for ALL involved. If done right, there might not be a need for Volaris at all. Avoid the 1% of the groups that post just to tick someone else off, and realize the need for this sort of combination to benefit all, the process will work with cool heads in the end. Just my opinion! Fly Safe

Crossing my fingers....

Are you crossing your fingers to hit the unemployment line? That is what most of the SWA pilots would do to you if they had the chance. It is cuthroat, and they "take no prisoners....." Watch what you wish for----they only want the planes, gates, and certificates.(ETOPS) They will welcome you with open arms, and then throw you out the door if it gives them an extra dollar each year. Just read the threads about their attempted F9 takeover. Fun times.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This thread has taken quite a swing away from SunCountry, and become an absurd discussion of DAL's RJ operation. I have never posted before, but I have to ask, What do we care? Obviously, the DAL pilots like it, because they let the RJ's in!!!
The "General", is obviously TEXAPHOBIC, and one can only wonder, what awful things happened to this poor guy in LBB, that he just cannot drop!!!! It's great that one Int'l leg per day as a F.O. is what he wants vs. a Domestic Capt. flying multiple legs per day. To each his own. We've heard it-- move on-- or get some help with your little man complex! So, is there any pertinent info. out there regarding SunCountry? Or, is time to let this and the recurring Frontier B.S go? Just had to ask. Fly Safe!

What you say WOULD make sense if EVERYONE at SWA thought that way. But, according to this board, they do NOT. You guys are cocky and want it all, and couldn't give a rat's azz about other pilots. Sad but true, and every other pilot on this board knows it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Are you crossing your fingers to hit the unemployment line? That is what most of the SWA pilots would do to you if they had the chance. It is cuthroat, and they "take no prisoners....." Watch what you wish for----they only want the planes, gates, and certificates.(ETOPS) They will welcome you with open arms, and then throw you out the door if it gives them an extra dollar each year. Just read the threads about their attempted F9 takeover. Fun times.

Bye Bye--General Lee

For 13,000 post General, you really are clueless. No Back to your RJ's!

Latest resources

Back