SunCountry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey General,

I'd much rather keep flying to Inter-Texas cities than see all those "Delta Connection" planes pushing when you get back to ATL. How many mainline jobs were lost with that wise thinking? Anymore scope relief in the future?

Lubbock's not bad when your flying mainline. We get the same rate whether its LAX or LBB. You, not so much.

Yes, actually, I have asked more than one SWAPA rep who were DIRECTLY involved. FAPA gave SWAPA the cold shoulder on Thursday. That afternoon the judges ruling became law.

Why are we talking about this again?

Gup

Seriously?

The Judge was waiting on labor? You really know better than that, don't you?

Directly involved? There was no cold shoulder. Period.

Take a few moments and search "qualified bid". After you learn that the SWA (company) bid was suspect well before "wednesday", ask TW or any other MA rep whom they called. Then ask Carl if he called anyone, and if so, when. The answer, if honest, would shock you.

Sorry, the facts of the matter don't support your argument. Additionally, the facts of the matter, don't matter. Its over.

Hey General,

I'd much rather keep flying to Inter-Texas cities than see all those "Delta Connection" planes pushing when you get back to ATL. How many mainline jobs were lost with that wise thinking? Anymore scope relief in the future?

Lubbock's not bad when your flying mainline. We get the same rate whether its LAX or LBB. You, not so much.

Do you mean the 100 or so 50 seaters that have been parked already, or the 100 more Richard Anderson stated he would park in the next 2-3 years? We, along with management, see the problem here. It is being addressed. When we left those cities long ago, we actually added other cities around the World--and have now grown to the largest airline in the World. You can think small and enjoy Intra Texas (hey everyone in Texas thinks it's a country anyway---they are all Texicans), or you can think bigger maybe and get SunCountry's certificate and go somewhere other than the lower 48. If you do though, show some respect and quit being so cocky, that is all I am asking. And, we are paid differently when we fly INTL routes vs domestic,(INTL override and higher perdiem) and the food is a lot better. You, not so much. Enjoy those LBB layovers pal.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

How many RJ's does Delta have flying for it TODAY? How about Northwest? All of them - not just "owned."

Gup

General....you have been a great resource in the past.... now that holloween is over.....please go away...you have nothing in this fight but to try and make it seem that you are better than us...guess what most of us have been overseas....and from me personally.....I would rather stay here.....with your int'l over-ride...our senior CAPT still makes more and deals with less b.s in LBB.....please stay out of this thread when it has nothing to do with the new Northwest. thanks.

Seriously General.

I make over 40 bucks an hour more than your topped out 737 Captain. Why don't you spend your energy doing something about that, instead of you guys continually dragging down the industry. :pimp:

Your hourly wage went up, on all aircraft. Yes, reserve guarantee went down, but if you are a line holder you are doing better. Most of you kept your pension, while all of us lost ours. And, your management now runs this airline. You can't point the finger at them.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Yep General, hourly rate went up!
Still flying 85-88hrs permonth,...however, our old contract paid overtime above 80 hours at time and a half. Delta just doesn't cut it there. :)

And you are correct. I kept my pension. A 1995 hire at NWA I have a whopping $3200.00 per monthly when I turn 65. I believe that I would fare better with the PBGC settlement that Delta gave you, considering that our pension is a fixed payment with no cost of living increases.
Didn't Delta also payout about 150,000 per pilot to settle the pension issue?

Shag,

You are today. But keep in mind that from conception the swa business plan relied on a hefty discount in the form of labor, especially pilots. Y'all are at the top now by default and for all of us I hope y'all can keep it and maybe everyone can get back to pattern bargaining UPWARD vs. the downward bargaining since 2001.

Seriously General.

I make over 40 bucks an hour more than your topped out 737 Captain. Why don't you spend your energy doing something about that, instead of you guys continually dragging down the industry. :pimp:

Do you mean the 100 or so 50 seaters that have been parked already, or the 100 more Richard Anderson stated he would park in the next 2-3 years? We, along with management, see the problem here. It is being addressed. When we left those cities long ago, we actually added other cities around the World--and have now grown to the largest airline in the World. You can think small and enjoy Intra Texas (hey everyone in Texas thinks it's a country anyway---they are all Texicans), or you can think bigger maybe and get SunCountry's certificate and go somewhere other than the lower 48. If you do though, show some respect and quit being so cocky, that is all I am asking. And, we are paid differently when we fly INTL routes vs domestic,(INTL override and higher perdiem) and the food is a lot better. You, not so much. Enjoy those LBB layovers pal.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I love your spin General. You should run for Congress.

"You and the company both agree there are too many RJ's." Now that's funny right there!

Keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you sleep better.

I think the COMPANY thinks there are too many 50 seaters but would like to replace them with 70+ seaters.

Enjoy your RJ's..

Latest resources

Back