• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SunCountry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously Bill, do we have to rehash the same old stuff over and over again? You really need a vacation my friend.

Bill? As in Bill Clinton? Snap! You caught me with my pants down!

Bye Bye--General Bill

Just a reminder, SWA does not need SCA for an ETOPS certificate, they already have one. SWA bought ATA and its certificate, including ETOPS (757 and 737) and worldwide operating authority, when they bid on the ATA LGA slots in bankruptcy court. Not sure SWA needs the aircraft right now either as it sounds like their aircraft and crews are under-utilized right now.

My friend you are incorrect. SWA does NOT have ETOPS, MNPS nor international authority, yet. Two reasons: One, SWA surrendered the cert. with the purchase. Two, the cert. is aircraft specific, and requires operations in those areas to keep. SWA just flies over the Gulf and the Atlantic cost on overwater approval. If SWA wants it, they'll have to buy someone else that has it or start all over. It took Alaska 22 mos. to get their ETOPS and that's for HI flying only. NAT ops. is different ball game.

Halin is correct. That certificate is bye-bye. And even if SWA had not surrendered it, they would have had to conduct operations to approved areas of ops, using the approved aircraft, to even keep it active.

When the aircraft didn't come on board, there was no need for the certificate. Which is why it was turned in.

Now back to SCA, IF SWA even wants to throw their hat into those types of ops, the SCA certificate would be the way to go. And SWAPA could integrate SCA's 120 pilots into their nearly 6000, and I bet not one SWAPA pilot would even notice!

Interesting discussion.

It's a lot easier to participate in these forums if you put General Lee on your "ignore" list. It saves a ton of time.

Oh I agree. But I think in order for this method to truly work, we ALL also have to agree to not quote any of her posts. Otherwise ignoring her only removes half of the problem.

So how 'bout it? Can we all agree to a) ignore her and b) vow to NEVER quote her?

AirTran is really good at losing acquisitions to other carriers (ATA/Southwest and Midwest/Delta). We just raised 500 mil for general corporate purposes. Suncountry is private, and their CEO (Stan Gadek), was our old CFO. Maybe AirTan is going to go "good old boy" this time rather than try to outbid anyone. The scuttle is the 800 would be good for our charter ops. We shall see.

Did you all hear the SWA schoolgirls giggling? hehehheheheheh SHHH, don't tell anyone......yeah, ok, yeah....hehehehehhehe

What a bunch of women.....Hey, just PM each other, it is more secretive.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back