• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SunCountry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw this.....

It is almost as if I am psychic-I forsee the high probablility of a weight problem materializing whenever I see "Republic" on a jumpseat request starting to happen more often. I have come to the realization that these Republic jackasses are just as bad as anyone who ever flew for GoJet.

-Sad, just sad.

From what I remember, you don't wear enough stripes to make that call.

I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw this.....

It is almost as if I am psychic...I have come to the realization that these Republic jackasses are just as bad as anyone who ever flew for GoJet.
-Sad, just sad.

It's been that way since they called themselves Chautauqua and flew USAir flying over a decade ago undercutting than the Wholly Owneds.

Good Morning People.

Pension / Pay Raise?

I am not familiar with your FAPA reference. Here is what happened with our DL/NWA negotiations:

3 neutral arbitrators came up with the final seniority number at DL. The NWA guys got a pay raise and kept their pensions. Nothing I just stated was made up, those are the facts. We all made our initial pitches to the arbitrators, but we NEVER said anything about a staple. We knew that was ridiculous. SunCountry has larger planes than Southwest does, but obviously fewer of them and not as good of a contract. Regardless, SunCountry should be treated with respect, and not made to bend over to your cocky wishes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Those are NOT the facts.

1) I am now getting paid the same as a DAL pilot who was hired the SAME year I was under a new PWA. Call it a raise if you want, but I call it equal pay for equal peers. (Do you actually think you could have paid the NWA pilots with the same longevity LESS pay while working under the same contract.) It is a weak argument to tie any pay raise we received to something DAL pilots GAVE NWA pilots.

2) PENSION = NADA ,NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH here. Absolutely no DB Plan for over 700 NWA pilots.

Sorry for the thread creep to all others... now back to our discussion.

RedRum

It's a lot easier to participate in these forums if you put General Lee on your "ignore" list. It saves a ton of time.

Your Mom didn't think so.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Those are NOT the facts.

1) I am now getting paid the same as a DAL pilot who was hired the SAME year I was under a new PWA. Call it a raise if you want, but I call it equal pay for equal peers. (Do you actually think you could have paid the NWA pilots with the same longevity LESS pay while working under the same contract.) It is a weak argument to tie any pay raise we received to something DAL pilots GAVE NWA pilots.

2) PENSION = NADA ,NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH here. Absolutely no DB Plan for over 700 NWA pilots.

Sorry for the thread creep to all others... now back to our discussion.

RedRum

Your hourly wage went up, on all aircraft. Yes, reserve guarantee went down, but if you are a line holder you are doing better. Most of you kept your pension, while all of us lost ours. And, your management now runs this airline. You can't point the finger at them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

We already can.

You mean via Volaris and Westjet? I don't see any routes outside the lower 48 that you fly to. Please enlighten us. And to those who say it is over rated, it really is not. But, you do get your share of INTRA-Texas. FFFFFANTASTIC.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back