• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Summer Surcharge Fees from Major Domestic Carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you have an app in yet with DL? I know those 5 leg days are getting to you, or will. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually General the flow is going the other direction. We have a good number of current Delta pilots in the SWA pool and there doesn't seem to be much interest among the poolies of leaving the pool for Delta.

And WE don't care???? Come on.

General, he was quoting what YOU said!!!!! You said this:

Seriously, why do you care about so and so campaign? You and I fly airplanes. We should care about things that affect us, not what marketing does.

You specifically said that you don't care what marketing does! That's what he was quoting! You're not too bright, are you?

It's tough on the General when you use facts. I kinda see it as the 'No Spin' zone when he brings these things up. Never turns out too well when you call him on it. The rest is just pointless garbage about LBB and ISP.

He's excited by his European overnights while over 750 RJ's fly HIS routes in the US. I'll keep the LBB overnights and do it ourselves, we'll get to those other places eventually. I'm not worried about it.

I love how everyone really does 'get' the team approach at SW. They know it matters to everyone involved.

Can't tell you how many legacy carrier employees I come across during my commutes that are just unhappy and hateful to those around them. Night and day difference guys.

GL, I wouldn't worry about SWA. SINPAPORE fare business class JFK-FRA $1700.00 DELTA $4600.00. And don't get me started about Delta service. I think the wheel chair was for one of the FA.

General, he was quoting what YOU said!!!!! You said this:

You specifically said that you don't care what marketing does! That's what he was quoting! You're not too bright, are you?

Haha- your will is greater than mine- I was halfway through that same quote when I realized I didn't care and just typed 'yawn'

get a new schtick GL - do you even geta rise out of anyone anymore?

Haha- your will is greater than mine- I was halfway through that same quote when I realized I didn't care and just typed 'yawn'

get a new schtick GL - do you even geta rise out of anyone anymore?

If it makes me laugh, that's great. The SWA guys are so cocky, but without their higher pay they would be another regional airline flying lots of legs per day. They can't stand it when someone points that out, or says they wouldn't want to fly what they fly. Eventually the legacies will bring their own pay back up, and SWA guys will flock back over to better flying and variety. It is just a matter of time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL, I wouldn't worry about SWA. SINPAPORE fare business class JFK-FRA $1700.00 DELTA $4600.00. And don't get me started about Delta service. I think the wheel chair was for one of the FA.

And the Delta flights this Summer will be full to FRA. Imagine that! And even the SWA stews are getting older, just ask their pilots how many of the original "fly girls" from the DAL base 25-30 years ago are still there. A lot. Also, just think what 5-6 legs a day, up and down, serving drinks and peanuts, does to a good looking stew? Eventually, it makes them very tired. Not every airline can be as selective as Singapore Airlines and the "Singapore girls". If they tried that in the States, Gloria Allred would be suing them again and again. It would be nice, but it wouldn't last long.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If it makes me laugh, that's great. The SWA guys are so cocky, but without their higher pay they would be another regional airline flying lots of legs per day. They can't stand it when someone points that out, or says they wouldn't want to fly what they fly. Eventually the legacies will bring their own pay back up, and SWA guys will flock back over to better flying and variety. It is just a matter of time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Even if you're laughing by yourself. I don't feel the need to defend the type of flying I do- but I've flown in the hub and spoke systems for 10 years while you were busy selling out flying- and you don't offer the type of flying we do. I'm doing exactly the kind of flying I want to do and am way less tired here than at any place I've ever worked which is a commuter, a regional, an alpa legacy, and a national- no place has the quality of life Swa offers domestically. And hey maybe in 10 years I'll be doing that Intl flying you're so cocky about. Then again- I don't like to leave the time zone.

What I will agree on is that I hope and feel you deserve to get your pay back up- that would be good for all pilots- but fix your selling out issues first ok?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back