Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
smellthejeta said:
The other concerns a C172 driver at same airport. Call on the radio:

I need to know who fueled piston popper xxxx!

Me: I did why?

CSR: Pilot wants to make sure you put 100LL in his plane.

Me: Send him out here.

It was ten o'clock at night, so I looked at him and said, "Let me guess... You sumped your wing and you can't see the proper color?"

Him: Yes.

Me: I showed him how to tell the difference between Jet A and 100LL without looking at the color. I also showed him the J-Spout on a Jet A truck, you know the one that is about twice as large as a the fuel port on a 172. I told him that my fueler has a lot of patience if he fills a 172 with a J Spout :)

With all due respect, being concerned about his fuel is not stupid. Getting Jet A in piston aircraft happens on a fairly regular basis, despite the existence of larger nozzles. Not all Jet A nozzles are that big, and thare are other ways for Jet A to get into avgas. So he didn't know how to tell without seeing the color, well now he does. It doesn't make him stupid for not knowing, and it certainly doesn't make him stupid for asking.

KAFluvs2fly said:
ahhhhhh haaaaa

we did a tour of TUL tower in my ATC ops class and some retard asked where the atis guy was....maybe the same kid

So you did/do go to spartan? ;)

The instructor that i had for the last 3 years, Travis I. (he moved on to XJT), taught ATC ops and he said that happened on one of his trips.

Comon..... give me a name ...

A Squared said:
With all due respect, being concerned about his fuel is not stupid. Getting Jet A in piston aircraft happens on a fairly regular basis, despite the existence of larger nozzles. Not all Jet A nozzles are that big, and thare are other ways for Jet A to get into avgas. So he didn't know how to tell without seeing the color, well now he does. It doesn't make him stupid for not knowing, and it certainly doesn't make him stupid for asking.

This thread is soley for the purpose of making fun of others. Don't bring your "logic" into this forum!

a couple of years ago when I told my girlfriend that one of the private pilot tasks is a short field landing over a 50ft obstacle, she thought they actually had some obstacle placed at the approach end of the runway during this task... : )

"Tower, this is uh, skyhawk 7AF, can you roll that 50ft obstacle out for us..."

grammer

Didn't happen to me, heard about this from a friend:

A guy took his girlfriend up for a flight in a piston single. They take off and on climb out she asks "Where did the propellor go??"

I would have responded "Oh, its retractable like the landing gear."

"When you back away from the terminal, is that little truck pushing the airplane, or do you pull it along with you?"

"How long do you have to fly those [Brasilias] before they let you fly the real ones?"

[Upon seeing an American 757 in the 1960's "retro" paint scheme:] "You mean they haven't painted it since the Sixties?"

"You only have to have the engines on when you're climbing, right?"

From my Convair 240 days...we were picking up some freight one night at a smallish airport in Quebec. The CA and I went into the FBO, got our freight weight and came up with a fuel load. I went back out to the plane only to find the line guy on top of the wing, adding fuel. I said that we hadn't asked for fuel yet - we just came up with our fuel load a minute ago. His response: I just thought you would want it topped off!!!

Hold it right there chief, it ain't a 152. It can hold 1500 gallons of 100LL...

Here's something a guy did at an airport that I used to fly from (not really a stupid thing, just funny and maybe a bit clever). This dude was a renter pilot who had his private, and rented from an airport with a restaurant on the field. He took his girlfriend flying one day...loaded up at the FBO, took off, flew around for a while, came back and landed, and taxied to the restaurant. The kicker: he told his girlfriend that they landed at a different airport for lunch!! They ate, took off and flew around for a while, then landed back at the home airport again and taxied to the FBO. The girl apparently never realized that their "hundred dollar hamburger" lunch wasn't a cross-country after all...

Two in the "Terminal" category:

Someone runs up to you in the terminal and demands (loudly) "Where is the flight to XXX????" . They assume, of course, that not only do you have every flight memorized, but took the time to memorize all the gates for today not only for your airline, but for all the other airlines as well.

Usually, once I figure out which airline they are booked on, it turns out their airline departs from the other terminal...the journey to which is at least 20-30 minutes.

My other fav is when someone runs up to you asking where the XXX concourse is. This usually happens as I am basking under the glow of the concourse sign for the one they are looking for, which happens to be 20 feet tall, and is illuminated with 3 million candlepower worth of light.

Nu

jet fuel

A Squared said:

I mean seriously if you couldn't tell by the color of the avgas how could you not tell by the god awful stink of Jet A. (for those who haven't smelt it, smells like rotton eggs). Although i wonder what it smell like mixed with avgas?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back